Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm now officially...old.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

I'm now officially...old.

So, I was at the grocery store after class and as usual I dropped my keys into the bottom of the basket since there are no pockets in my workout pants. I get to the line and the young guy rings up the groceries and hands me my keys saying I probably don't want to lose them and asked if they went to a mustang. I said no, just a truck but I've only had it for about 26 hours. He asked what year it was and I told him and he asked if I wanted to trade for his old piece of junk. I laughed and said probably not but...now get this...quite naturally and w/o any thought at all I replied with "That's ok, when I was your age I had a piece of junk too".

'...when I was your age...'

OMFG

Holy crap

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ.

I'll be killing myself now, thank you very much.

Anyone remember "Logun's Run"?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

That would be "Logan's Run". Great movie.

I hear ya, Oso. I said to a guy the other day, "Oh, you'll probably change that opinion as you grow older."

The dude was in his early 20's!

Hang on a minute, I'll come over to you place and we can sit on the porch and suck prune juice through our false teeth and talk about the good old days.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

How old are you anyway, out of interest?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Re: I'm now officially...old.

Originally posted by Oso

Anyone remember "Logun's Run"?
    OMG. If you are old than so am I.

Maybe the few months make the difference though, my Wife is still upset she just hit the big 4-0.

Yeah, I remember "Logan's run", "Rollerball" and "Soilent green" too.

Ringo star was great in "Caveman", aaah there were some good movies back than.

Nothing hits as hard as watching an old movie or listening to a goldie or evergreen song when the realisation hits that it was 25 or so yrs ago.

Cheers.

P.S.: Welcome to the Old Boy's Club.

HA HA

old people are funny.

and hey you dont have to be old to like the stuff you guys mentioned
    i mean come on caveman (how can you not like some falling into a big pile of ptera-dactyl S***)
    and if loving Benny Hill makes you old then i guess im old before Ive even hit my twenties
    If you flow like water than no obstacle is infallable.

[nitpicking]

That's Soylent Green.

[/nitpicking]

I am not that old and I remember Logan's Run.

BTW I said the same thing to someone the other day - said that the fear of commitment dimishes with age
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Anyone see the Simpsons where Homer won't let Bart watch the Itchy and Scratchy movie, because he feels that if he puts his foot down Bart will make something of his life? At the end it shows them in the future (Bart's a judge) and Homer goes "Hmmm, soilent green" . Total quality !
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Tell me about it. I'm 25 and I get married 2 weeks on Saturday
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

joedoe, LC, Oso - how old are you guys? I'm wondering what you consider "age" to be.

Originally posted by Serpent
    [nitpicking]

That's Soylent Green.

[/nitpicking]

Just the memory getting weaker.

Along with the eyesight?

How's the libido?

Originally posted by Serpent
    joedoe, LC, Oso - how old are you guys? I'm wondering what you consider "age" to be.
    Oso and me were born in the same year.

So, according to Oso's profile that makes you both 36. Sweet. You're older than me!

D@mn you guys are old!
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash