Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm now officially...old.

DANGIT

Having a baby-avatar won't make you look younger..

3. Thumbs up

Neither will having a bearded avatar make you look mature.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    maybe not but it's a lot better than my real face
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Will my avatar cause spines to grow from... err... nevermind.
    Happy bday Oso.
    Man, I read this whole **** thread, the first page thinking serp and oso and you f*ckers were like 45+. Then I get to the post that says 33? bahahaha
    Im only almost 20, but cmon dude. 33 isnt even the top of the hump yet. You cant really say you're old till you at least hit like 43 or so.... All of the guys I work with are 60 or older

Talking

Y'all are just old! Prolly have vinyl LPs and rifle shot knees.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

All of the guys I work with are 60 or older
    I knew it. You are a boy toy!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Puppy dogs....

I'm with Shaolin-do on this one. Turned 39 this year and was carded at the grocery store on the week of my b-day. That was nice. Then I turned 40 in China last month...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm 39 too.

39 is NOT old!!!!!

39 is only "old enough to know better, but young enough to do it again"

Be happy in your youth guys and girls, you only get to be there once.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

39 may not bet old, but sure isn't young, either.

Considering the average American male lives to only approx 75 years old, you are middle-aged. Revel in it. Buy a corvette. Divorce your wife for a 19 year-old beautician. These are your golden years. Enjoy them properly.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Divorce your wife for a 19 year-old beautician. These are your golden years. Enjoy them properly.
    Assuming the 19 year old beautician still wants your old arse.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

The '63 split back vette is nice, but I prefer motorcycles and I got one of those. + my wife is delicious, no need for an empty headed teenage armhanger.

My kungfu is better at 39 than it was at 30! go figure. I know that when my body starts breaking down for real, I am gonna be hurting for all those indiscretions of youth, but hey, that is what life is allllllll about.

The hokey pokey is all you need to know.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I think serp was 33, joedoe and I are 35/36.

my birthday is in Aug but thanks SD.
    "20" huh...well that clears a few things up

my reference to being old was just about attitude not necessarily physical.

I agree, I think my kung fu is better now then it was when I was 28. But, that doesn't mean I move faster or am stronger. I am definitely getting some of that 'old man' strength that is more determination and willpower than actual physical strength.

but still...using the sort of phrasing that I did WITHOUT conscious thought is just plain scary..

hehe, not a bad post count for a silly thread, even got the assistant publisher and the moderator involved

Oh, and "Logan's Run" was a series here in the states and I was referring to the premise in the show of killing adults at the age of 32...or whatever the age was.

and while we're reminiscing, how 'bout "Space: 1999" They sure lost out on that date but what can you expect since is was produced during the height of the lunar landings, or thereabouts.

Space needs to be opened up for Capitalism and Free Enterprise. Once people can make a buck on it, you'll see all kinds of corporations kicking out some R&D that will get us out there quick. Only then do we stand a chance of not eradicating ourselves on this planet.

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Actually found myself telling someone about the rap groups I listened to as a kid. I went on preaching about how groups like Boogie Down Productions and Public Enemy were so positive and socially conscious unlike todays "bling-bling" hip hop thugs. That's when I knew I was getting older. I am beginning to think that music was better in "my" day. Ok, now I'm depressed.
    "We'll show him.....Chinese Boxing!"

My daughter turns 13 this summer...................enough said.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a