Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Lunch

Cheap Lunch

F the downtown prices and the stomach aches. From now on I'm doing what I did today -buy 2 Tamales for $1.40 near home and bring them in.

HAHA!
    I live close to my office so I go home and make a sandwich. Which I shall do very shortly, because I am sooo hungry I feel that I may vomit, but I have not eaten so I have no food to vomit.
    Tamales are good.
    What kind?

I bring my lunch from home. I buy frozen Uncle Ben's meals usually, $2.50 a pop, and only 350 calories.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Those things are pretty good, but when I buy microwave food I usually just hit up the budget gourmet. Unless Im feeling fancy, then I go for the gusto with the boston market's.

Ive learned that spending money on food I have to actually cook keeps me fed a lot longer than buying microwave food.
    But I still havent figured out if thats just cause im too lazy to cook half the time.......

I prefer the Chicken Tamales with Chile

mmm....
    I live in san antonio... I think we must be tamale capitol or some sh!t... hehe
    My company carries lots of tamales during the chrimmus season, but not during the summer. Jalapeno beef tamales are the shiznit.

In my neighborhood people sell them cheap on the corners, from little carts. I have to remember to pick some up and it takes a couple more minutes out of my way. But no big lunch bill, no effort, no stomach ache. Too bad they don't permit street vendors in downtown Chicago - I miss that from Philadelphia. Eateries in the downtown area suck here for the most part.

Good ol SA has some bad ass dining man... But of course we do. Were only the... sh!t... what was it this year? are we #1 fattest city yet?

I cook on Sunday and separate it all out into small containers for Mon-Fri and bring it in my little cooler-type lunch bag with one of those ice bricks, along with yogurt, cottage cheeze, a veggie burger for breakfast and fruit and nuts for snacks.

I buy everything with coupons, on sale, and such at home. It's a pain and half gettting it all to work, but it's worth it.

I average I spend about $2.00 per lunch and get a full serving of poultry, two servings of veggies, one serving of rice and a serving of yogurt.
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Fa Jing-

If you are just looking to just fill up their is a Jamba Juice on clark by Sherwyns where you can get tasty and large protien shakes and juices.
    Regards

Nah - haven't caught on to that liquid lunch thing, yet. Thanks anyway.

I've found a couple reasonable places - "MacKelly's Greens and Things" on Adams between State & Wabash - make your own sandwich and pay by weight, usually costs about 4 bucks

"Chicken Planet" - on Jackson west of State - 5.25 for a quarter chicken freshly grilled, pita and rice or another side.

For Ironfist:

I found a Swansons microwave dinner with 70g of protien!

its one of those 1 and 1/2 lb of food, the chicken and mashed potatoes, yum. I like all of the 1lb meals, pork ribs, chicken, turkey, enchilatas, and pot pie!

Good stuff..

strike!

At work I usually have 2 large Meal Replacement Shakes, 1 at 10am and another at 2pm. I take all my supplements during the day 0at work) like l-glu.... etc.

strike!

"fill up their is a Jamba Juice "

The one by my house got shut down.

Never substituted it for a meal, but they are **** good for you.
    Ever had a shot of wheat grass from there?

I make my own sandwiches for lunch. 8$ on lunch meat and 3 on cheese and 2.50$ on Natures own Honey Wheat and I eat good all week for lunch. Breakfast is usually cheerios and yogurt and some type of fruit.
    Sometimes peanut butter crunch.
    Or toast with pot butter on it. "budder".

pot butter?

neat.

We have a place called Wild Oats that sells wheat grass shots, yum. If they werent a 30 minute drive from work Id go there for lunch all the time, power smoothies and all..

strike!