Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, I love this fight (Video)

Well, I love this fight (Video)

One single technique...nice punch exchange...and a very good counter at the end.:

http://emptyflower.stanford.edu/video/fight_3.WMV
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Stacey Guest
    The guy in black is quick. He has a good eye for throwing, but a weak base. More swallow flying for him. I like the knees in the groin when he lands after the inside hooks. The guy in yellow is a buster and a bad sport. His sickle hand is ok, but once black realizes that its not invincible, he starts to pick apart the predictible attack. Having faught this way, I can say that this is a lot harder than it looks. Letting it go UFC style would be interesting.

PS. I really didn't like yellow If black had better angles and stronger stances, and some continuous hand attacks he would have mopped up yellow in the first exchange.

What styles were represented?

i'm a little drunk, but i think i agree with everything stacey just said.

i knew i liked him for a reason.

on the other hand i have boxed. i didn't look like that when i boxed. is it just cause im little and need every advantage when i hit? really .... why dont people root when they hit?
    where's my beer?

i had a whole other thread about this. boxers and mt guys root when they hit. then you have kf ... an art thats supposed to focus on rooting .... and the guys just dont settle to hit.

christ even if your on your toes like in boxing ... you can still settle to hit. it's just for a second. of all things to throw out the window ....
    where's my beer?

5. cool vid though..
    you don't see too much of that kinda fighting nowadays...
    liked fight_1.wmv too....

Chief108
    @ selini108 you can get a FREE copy of the 5 Leopards Fist form as taught in our Eagle Claw curriculum!!!

I didn't like it
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

D@mn good throws and reverses...
    I liked the fight considering the rules… I don't know what folks want to see… I think people get too caught up in what they don't see rather than what they do see… I mean it's not a 2 man set… the other guy is not gonna let you get your sh!t off… you gotta make what your know work the best way you can at THAT moment... and would somebody place a round kick to yellow's wide open head... please...
    Last edited by Suntzu; 06-02-2003 at 09:46 AM.
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Its hard to see, but if you pay close attention black has some nice shots to the face and kidneys.... Seems like yellow gets f*ckin pizzed because hes bein thrown like a beeeyotch.
    Im curious what styles they are also, Whats up with the opening stance that yellow dude uses?

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    Its hard to see, but if you pay close attention black has some nice shots to the face and kidneys....
    That's the 'Nice exchange of punches' that I talked about. In the first exchange, before the first throw, you see that the guy in black actually exposed the center of the dude in yellow, to punch it. He knew what he was throwing.

I don't know the styles.
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

I liked the expression yellow kept making. You could tell he was getting more frustrated each time Black threw him with inner hooking.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

By the 3rd time he got taken down he started to look constipated.

Arent you comming down this way like this week or some sh!t WD?

Naw, next month.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

That fight was pretty long, albeit with a lot of stops, but still like 5 or 6 minutes. There were some good shots landed about 80% of the way through too....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Man that was a wierd on-guard stance by yellow - I thought Black could have blocked that right as it was coming in, and destroy yellow's center - but especially if they were allowing head shots.

15. what I liked is that you can still see that they're from different styles, that they are Kung Fu Fighters...
    not some wushu pussies who are trying to fight like a kickboxer

if you goto http://emptyflower.stanford.edu/ you can find more cool fightclips...
    even a Bagua fighter...
    very cool to see

Chief108
    @ selini108 you can get a FREE copy of the 5 Leopards Fist form as taught in our Eagle Claw curriculum!!!