Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well, I love this fight (Video)

Originally posted by Merryprankster

Which is why you all punch like girls

(kidding, kidding. Really. I MEAN IT.)
    LOL! OK, OK smartarse, now you've sobered up, which bit of this was sarcastic!?

Otherwise agree. If you just kick a Thai fighter's supporting leg you will usually eat shin, or suck one up to the ribs (and dunno about you, but my ribs don't suck too easily!), whilst falling backwards, because you'll also have one leg in the air, and they'll be lifting you. One of the biggest dangers of Thais is their fast rooting and changes of combinations, IMO.

Megapoint
    Being flat footed with some bend in the knees distributes your power more effectively.... Moderation in stance length/width and utilizing physics is a well kept secret of the real combative arts of Asia.
    Really? Is that because dead men don't give secrets away?!

Perhaps you'll explain how 'rooting' with your whole foot will give you a more powerful connection to the ground than rooting through a smaller point on your foot? Especially interested in anything you can tell me about lbs/sq inch...

Or maybe something about how the physical interaction of the leg muscles or tendons can give you more leverage or force with a flat foot...?

Or is it too big a secret...?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Incidentally, FWIW I liked the fight.

Some of the punches were connecting pretty well, and we don't know how much they were hurting.
    The throws were cool. Well set-up.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I like the "fight that turned into a real fight" clip. I don't know how I feel about a "fight" turning into a "real fight".

"Unless, of course, you practice Chinese martial arts, in which case you're not up on the balls of your feet at all."

Tried this on a WAVEMASTER while practicing WING CHUN straight punches...the only practicality in this way of fighting flat footed is if u're PULLING/TRAPPING an opponent at CLOSE RANGE.
    A

I'm impressed with the opening encounter, the way the guy in black uses the sweep to open up his opponent, then there are some weaker punches traded, then upward block and punch by the guy in black that allows him to get inside to grab the guy and eventually take him down.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread