Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, I love this fight (Video)

Originally posted by chief108
    what I liked is that you can still see that they're from different styles, that they are Kung Fu Fighters...
    not some wushu pussies who are trying to fight like a kickboxer
    As cool as fighting with one hand out stretched behind your head looks it serves absolutely no functional purpose. Sanshou is modernizing kungfu and bringing it to a level where it can actually compete and win against styles like muaythai consistently,and that doesnt not involve standing with one had outstretched the way this fighter does! Also Sanshou fighters do not "try to fight like kickboxers" even in Muaythai rules you can easily tell the difference between a Sanshou trained fighter and a Muaythai fighter.

P.S. Your an idiot!
    Last edited by Le nOObi; 06-07-2003 at 03:32 PM.

yeah, this fight really does nothing for me. I'd much rather watch trained fighters.

Originally posted by truewrestler
    yeah, this fight really does nothing for me. I'd much rather watch trained fighters.
    This sounds uncannily familiar to "that's just two guys rolling around on the ground. I'd rather watched trained fighters."
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

I'd much rather watch San Shou or Muay Thai

fdg

The fighters definately had some level of training. I would venture to say they had some level of realistic training but i feel this video is proof that kungfu is not some invicible superstyle and that kungfu people actually need to train hard to use what they learn.

...obviously not Dim Mak

its funny that some people look at the video and say we might not understand what is being displayed... I simply look at it and don't see very good fighters
    Last edited by truewrestler; 06-07-2003 at 03:49 PM.

"Yellow" and "black" ???? I think you all need to stop being racist.
    Free thinkers are dangerous!

I liked it! The guy in BLACK is obviously the superior CLINCH GRAPPLER. He was skooling the guy in YELLOW in throws, reversals, single leg and double leg takedown. The striking SEEMs pathetic but might be cause of the rules...didn't seem like they were allowed to hit the head and employ straight punches...only BODY SHOTs. That match was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long...I would have prob. been winded after the 3rd fall. YELLOW has an aggressive streak...he should train in some boxing.
    A

Look at the entitled THIS TURNED INTO A REAL FIGHT...that Yellow guy ended up throwing some serious HAYMAKERs! Man was he ****ed.
    A

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    i had a whole other thread about this. boxers and mt guys root when they hit. then you have kf ... an art thats supposed to focus on rooting .... and the guys just dont settle to hit.

christ even if your on your toes like in boxing ... you can still settle to hit. it's just for a second. of all things to throw out the window ....
    I'm sorry but boo-shi t. Muay Thai guys are tipppy-toers. They are always on one foot, and on their toes. This is bad balance. I'll kick their supporting leg-- "whap"! The first rule of engagement is to steal your opponents balance. That's why a good wrestler will wax a good thai boxer or western boxer. Boxers like to turn their rear foot, and be on the balls of their feet when they use the rear hand (cross). This makes real fighters with grappling experience salivate.

You are all right though. You should have a good base/root before you hit. Being flat footed with some bend in the knees distributes your power more effectively. Especially without the percussive aid of gloves or padding. Moderation in stance length/width and utilizing physics is a well kept secret of the real combative arts of Asia.

Where's Sport Billy?
    The morrow beckons...

"pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

"Being flat footed with some bend in the knees distributes your power more effectively."

LOL...being flat footed would get KO in a striking match and get u taken down in a grappling match. Throwing a punch while flat footed will do nothing for POWER.
    A

maybe I havent paid attention but do not boxers always have 1 foot flat footed when they throw a punch and rarely otherwise are flat footed?

"Throwing a punch while flat footed will do nothing for POWER."

Unless, of course, you practice Chinese martial arts, in which case you're not up on the balls of your feet at all.
    "Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

Unless, of course, you practice Chinese martial arts, in which case you're not up on the balls of your feet at all.
    Which is why you all punch like girls

(kidding, kidding. Really. I MEAN IT.)

brassmonkey, boxers root when they punch and are mobile at other times. Throwing on the fly is done to distract and cover movement, and set up shots. When boxing comes on tv, take a gander at the footwork. You'll see what I'm talking about. Boxing 101--you punch with a connection to the ground, for effect.

No offense Megapoint, but you'll just kick the supporting leg? You seem to have an awful lot of pat answers to things. You think the thais, with their vast experience in stand-up ring fighting, haven't figured that out yet? Just kick the supporting leg sounds a lot like "just knee him in the head on the way in when he shoots."

Secondly a good wrestler typically waxes a good boxer/thaiboxer because he is trained in two "ranges" not one. I wrestled and I don't salivate when they are on their toes. I salivate when I see flat feet. You're BEGGING to get dumped on your ass. If I see you with your weight slightly forward, on the balls of your feet, then I know you are in a good position to respond to me. If your feet are flat, you can't move. And if you can't move, you're toast.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli