Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MA and the Law.

-

I'm a bouncer at a bar in Los Angeles and I have to say that the law, while practical in most situations is b*tch for me. There is usually one or more violent episodes where I work, luckily most of the people take off before the police are called. The main problem is that I don't get home until sometimes 5 or 6 in the morning, then I train until 3PM-9PM then right back to work at 10. This is a big problem because the court times are always at 8 in the morning. Not to mention the people you ended up beating the shizzle out of get to see your face in a well lit courtroom, hear your FULL name and they already know where you work! Not cool at all in Los Angeles. Anyway, I am all for the law I just feel that the police have to apply certain bends in it in order for it to be truly practical.

Sam Tripp

They even arrest bouncers?!? Glad I don't live in L.A. Here in Colorado they only charge private citisens. Bouncers are security personel, and can only get in deep sh!t if they use excessive force. They are consitered a vital part of public safety, and DO NOT get ticketed.

Yeah we can get arrested, not to mention I had the police telling me to use lethal force against the guys (wich I totally didn't want to do even though it would have been easy). The most complicated part was trying to describe the techniques I used on the guys to the cops, they either: didn't understand or didn't believe me. They were like "there's no way you threw that guy, etc.." It's pretty messed up. Plus LAPD, sh*t, you gotta be super careful dealing with these guys, especially the Hollywood division.

Sam tripp

That's sad. Rules on self defence should protect you even if you aren't given some leaway as a security profesional.

That is one thing I give the local cops kudos for, though. They know the diference between a self inflicted wound and one that isn't. A freind of mine had a pscycho ex-wife who strangled herself almost to uncontiosness then tried to say he did it. She went to jail for false reporting.

sorry to disappoint but unless the laws vary wildly from state to state, security personnel are private citizens. When a security officer arrests someone it is under authority of a citizens arrest.

and starting sometime in 2004 in the state of California bouncers (and all in-house security types) are going to be required to get guard cards and actually get a little training. LOL.

Anyway, I am all for the law I just feel that the police have to apply certain bends in it in order for it to be truly practical.
    no offense, but most bouncers don't know squat about the law as it is.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

The laws are the same here; it is a courtacy given to security personel.

It's true, the average bouncer couldn't contend with a doorknob in a spelling bee. I know the law and regardless, it needs some renditions.

Sam tripp