Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mantis Student here

hi webbb82,

I train in Doncaster & Dinnington (Worksop/Sheffield Area), where do u train?
    Keef

Re: England

Originally posted by webbb82
    Hi, Keef 321 and Mr.B - Where do you guys train in the UK?

Regards,

Webbb82 (England).
    I used to train in Peterborough.
    I haven't trained in a while though and hope to go back soon. Got to shift a bit of flab first(12lb's gone already thanks to training and diet).

And you?

Re: Re: New Mantis Student here

Originally posted by ursa major

Welcome to the board keef321.

hahaha 'short ass' ??? My first Sifu was a foot shorter than me and weighed 60 pounds less and regularily showed me how size doesn't matter haha...

I'm not surprised PM suits you (shameless plug) IMHO it is the most natural system therefore easily adapted to anyone who has arms and legs and a desire to learn.

Regards,
    UM.

Not to sound like a punk or anything but I have met many people who left mantis because they felt other arts were more natural and suited them more (mostly internal) and one time I even heard that somone supposedly left mantis for dare I say it....tkd. Don't get me wrong or anything I love mantis and find it to be very effective but it's not the end all be all fighting style. People like different things and it's expected for them to.

Oh and keef don't feel bad I'm 5'5 myself and 135 and that's just becuae I gained pounds ever since I started going out wiht my girlfriend!
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Hi Keef and Mr.B,

I'm based in Worcester.

Good luck with your training,

Webbb82.

Hi Nick,

Nice 2 hear from another new starter :-)

TKD like all arts has something to offer, I do not regret my years of training in it because I enjoyed it at the time and might not have got interested in martial arts if not for it, but like you thought that it had something missing.

The mantis system certianly does seem to be rounded and varied, think there is a lifetime of study!
    Keef

mr b

what is your name and when did you stop training with sifu alan at peterborough

craig

Webbb82 ,
    Who do you train under in Worcester ? I had heard that the LKW club there had closed ?

Is this correct ?

Keef321,
    You say that you are new to 7 star and have only been training for 7 months under shifu Frearson ? Why are you using the same handle as one of his instructors from the Moi Fa Chinese Boxing Academy who according to his profile has been training since 1993 ? A shifu David Graham who uses Keef321 for his email address ? Are you one in the same ? If so then you are an instructor not a beginner .

Quote Originally Posted by waylander
    Keef321,
    You say that you are new to 7 star and have only been training for 7 months under shifu Frearson ? Why are you using the same handle as one of his instructors from the Moi Fa Chinese Boxing Academy who according to his profile has been training since 1993 ? A shifu David Graham who uses Keef321 for his email address ? Are you one in the same ? If so then you are an instructor not a beginner .
    Waylander,

I personally think a private message would have been more appropriate, but as you ask in the open I will reply in the open.

Let me help you clear up any confusion as follows:

1) This post was originally started by me in 2003, so it was in 2003 that I had only been training for 7 months, it is now 2006 and this thread has just been resurected by monkeyfoot.

2) If you read the posts correctly you will notice I stated "I am learning from a student of Sifu Frearson", as in my Sifu.

3) Yes Sifu David Graham uses keef321 for his CLUB CONTACT email address, I am just simply doing him a favour as he does not have regular internet access. He asked me to deal with Internet requests on his behalf. I simply deal with queries for him, reply on his behalf etc, anyone contacting this email address is made aware that I am a student not the sifu but if necessary will relay questions etc.

4) I am not using Sifu David Grahams handle, this has always been my handle and email address. When Sifu dave does post on the net it is under his own handle.

I hope this clarifies things, sorry for any confusion.

P.S. Why the detective work over my Profile?
    Last edited by keef321; 01-17-2006 at 07:41 AM.
    Keef

Quote Originally Posted by keef321
    P.S. Why the detective work over my Profile?
    It happens, man... All in the name of lineages and legitimacy, a lot of people (myself included) like to verify that incoming information is sound. I wouldn't take offense to it.

$.02

Quote Originally Posted by JJMantis
    It happens, man... All in the name of lineages and legitimacy, a lot of people (myself included) like to verify that incoming information is sound. I wouldn't take offense to it.

$.02
    JJMantis,

Thanks for your explanation on the matter, no offense is taken :-)
    Last edited by keef321; 01-17-2006 at 09:18 AM.
    Keef

Keef321,
    No offence mean't .My own fault for not reading the dates correctly . It is from passed experience that people like to pretend to be less ( or more ) than what they are or like to use others details , as to why ?
    Last edited by waylander; 01-17-2006 at 11:23 AM.