Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-Section Staff

Originally posted by JAZA
    Here you can see a traditional 3 section staff form, from a disciple of the late Master Lee Koon Hung.
    http://taichiyuen.org/t6.htm
    It is the link number 9.
    Very nice form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by jun_erh
    yes
    With the 3-section staff.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

jun_erh,

What style was that website? Is that the style that you practice? If so, where are you located?

I gt the starter kit from kungfumagazine. The style is the much maligned cntemporary wushu. I don't practice that style, but it has a section of the video that's just techniques. I wish ALL videos /dvd had that. I think you may have confused me with the other guy in terms of a website. I'm in Boston. study kuo shu, but vacationing frm it currently.

Also, the "yes" was a cover-up for an anecdote that I thought better of posting. It sure was funny though!
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Originally posted by jun_erh
    The style is the much maligned cntemporary wushu.
    The website with the 3-section staff form didn't resemble any contemparary wushu that I have seen. In fact the 3 section form looked much like the form that I have seen performed at a tournament. And I practice the even much more maligned Shaolin-do.

The link that I posted is Hung Sing Choy Lay Fut.

The website with the 3-section staff form didn't resemble any contemparary wushu that I have seen.
    I think he was talking about the starter kit video for sale on this website.

GOD D@MNIT I HATE THIS STUPID F*CKING GAY AZZ F*CKING USELESS PIECE OF SH!T COMPUTER GOD D@MN NON VIDEO PLAYING LOW ON VIRTUAL MEMORY PIECE OF SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I werent at work I would break the f*cking thing.

Hey, thats a pretty cool form.
    3 section looks fun.
    I think Ill buy one at lunch.

master kit

Here's our 3 section master kit - The form on the video is contemporary wushu and the weapon is foam.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Bahahaha
    Gene pushin products left and right!

Does anybody know what the law in the united states says about owning the staff? Thanks in advance.

No laws on owning the staff, Laws on carrying it tho. Youd have to check, weapon laws vary from state to state.

Foam sucks to learn with. The weight and feel are totally different from a waxwood 3-Section.

We also make alumiunum 3-Sections for shows. They flash in the bright lights, and are light as hell.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I like nice heavy ass redwood weapons.
    Waxwood is too light... Its surprisingly sturdy tho. I pole vault around the yard on mine for fun sometimes... Dont like to practice with it tho. Too light. Makes the redwood a pain in the ass, and makes the 20 lber really really suck.

Gene - Check your msgs.