Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Zhang San Feng Festival

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    There's an amazing article on Dahn Yoga
    amazing? as in "It's amazing that people still buy into that silliness?", or "it's amazing that they haven't been outed as a cult yet?", or "it's amazing that I had a conversation with the 'head' of the system where he told me that 10,000 years ago Koreans went to China and founded Taoism (no, seriously, I did!)?"

and it was aliens that told the koreans about what is called "taoism" some 10,000 years ago.

Zhang San Feng Festival 2010

brothers and sisters,

Yours truly is going to be presenting a selection of martial arts workshops at the 2010 Zhang San Feng Festival which is going to be held at the Hudson Valley Resort!

I will be presenting three workshops along with many other outstanding teachers.

Come out and support Chinese martial arts!

Shaping The Wedge and The Ball of Jiulong Baguazhang
    Instructor: Shizi Dale Dugas

Jiulong Baguazhang is a unique and powerful system of bagua that is taught with simple concepts and exercises that can be applied to many arts. One of the most effective concepts from the Jiulong system is the “wedge” and the “ball”. In this workshop, Shizi Dale Dugas of Boston Baguazhang will introduce you to these simple but effective concepts. You will learn how train them for your own practice, and how to utilize them in both healing and self defense applications. Join Shizi Dugas he teaches you old school techniques for today’s practice.

Grasping the 18 Hands of the Lohan

According to history, the legendary Da Mo (Bodhidharma), came to the Shaolin temple and saw that the monks had difficulty staying awake during prolonged meditation. To solve the problem, Da Mo eventually devised three distinct exercise sets, designed to strengthen the monks and increase their health. These exercises eventually formed the basis of what we now know as Shaolin kungfu. In this workshop, Shizi Dale Dugas will teach you one of these powerful qigong sets, the “18 Hands of the Lohan.” You will receive step by step instructions for each posture and exercise. You will also learn how to use the system to improve your health, and increase your internal power. Join Shizi Dugas as he helps you grasp, the 18 hands of the Lohan.

Tui Shou to Shuai Jiao: Giving Yourself the Edge in Push Hands

Shuai Jiao is a grappling martial art, developed in the Zhou Dynasty, between the 12th and 13th centuries. Considered the oldest existing Chinese martial art in the world, it is comprised of throwing techniques, strikes, blocks, joint locks, and attacks on pressure points. Tui Shou taijiquan, better known as push hands, is a precursor to sparing which is designed to train listening skills and control of opponents. In this workshop, Shizi Dale Dugas of Boston Baguazhang will teach you how to merge the ancient techniques of Shuai Jiao with the complex skills of push hands, to give you the edge in any situation. You will learn how to blend throws, strikes and joint locks, with your listening skills. Join Shizi Dugas in this “hands on” workshop that marries the oldest martial art, with the most complex.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

they are holding my tax refund ransom... i may have to be a vending area visitor again this year.

taxes

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    they are holding my tax refund ransom... i may have to be a vending area visitor again this year.
    nah....... they just raised your property values after seeing your stone patio

Nice patio by he way!
    .... Skip

Hoping to see anyone who can make it out to the woods of PA
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    unless all ****ing hell erupts across the globe, i will make an appearance in the vending area once again... LOL... this is the year of the tiger afterall - my horoscope for the year could be summarized as "GO, GO, GO!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    I thought the festival was in NY? am I missing something?

I'll try to come up, but this month is more than a bit crazed for me, so I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I thought the festival was in NY? am I missing something?
    i am shooting from the hip here, but i believe dale got a "to" and a "from" confused somehow - it seems to be 18 miles past last years festival for me.
    I'll try to come up, but this month is more than a bit crazed for me, so I don't know...
    trying is not doing... if you cannot control your crazy life, how can you control a crazy mind?

... if you cannot control your crazy life, how can you control a crazy mind?
    How do you manage it?

i am shooting from the hip here, but i believe dale got a "to" and a "from" confused somehow - it seems to be 18 miles past last years festival for me.
    it's actually seems a bit closer to me than last year, I think...

trying is not doing...
    sure it is - when I try, I am "doing" trying;

if you cannot control your crazy life, how can you control a crazy mind?
    I "control" my crazy life by living up to the obligations I have chosen to take on; OTOH, I let my crazy mind wander around irresponsibly on it's own having fun and then coming back home and telling me all the great stuff it's been up to!

...I let my crazy mind wander around irresponsibly on it's own having fun and then coming back home and telling me all the great stuff it's been up to!
    I was going to ask what you were doing in Amsterdam, but I think you just told me!

it's actually seems a bit closer to me than last year, I think...
    closer by like 18 miles.

closer by like 18 miles.
    one for each Lohan!

well, let's see what happens - although I'd probably need to find someone different to drive up with...

one for each Lohan!
    lol... nice.
    well, let's see what happens - although I'd probably need to find someone different to drive up with...
    yeah... bring a real man this time. LMAO!!!