Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Zhang San Feng Festival

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    yeah... bring a real man this time. LMAO!!!
    why? with you already there, that would just be redundant...

20% discount on registration for all forum members!

I just got this from Jim, just for you guys.
    20% DISCOUNT FOR ALL KUNGFUMAGAZINE.COM FORUM MEMBERS!
    A special offer to all KungFuMagazine.com Forum Members to receive 20% off Zhang San Feng Festival registrations using discount code: 37114.

Come join us for the 35th annual Zhang San Feng Festival at Hudson Valley Resort, in the Catskills of New York, from Thursday evening, April 29th (opening ceremonies) to Sunday, May 2nd. Pre and post Festival intensives are also available. The Festival offers wall-to-wall workshops all day long, and activities every night, all for just one low one price! Special guest David Dorian Ross of the acclaimed Gaiam tai chi video series, will also be presenting for the first time. For more info on the Festival, visit: www.taichifest.com. or call 973-670-6582.. For room and food reservations, visit: www.HudsonValleyResort.com or call: 888-9HUDSON. Tell them you are with the tai chi convention. To register for the Festival directly, go to http://www.regonline.com/checkin.asp?eventid=805957. Select "affiliate registration" then place the discount code in the appropriate field at checkout.
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year due to a scheduling conflict. That makes me very very sad.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I just got this from Jim, just for you guys.
    wow - nice gesture...
    does that include the hookers and Cheetos as well?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year due to a scheduling conflict. That makes me very very sad.
    can u send some sort of proxy, doppelgaenger, effigy, avatar?

wow... gene can't make it and they offer a 20% discount to cover his absence... ****ing dragons, they rule for a reason.

If it covered hookers and Cheetos, you think I'd miss it?

Our very own Dale Dugas has agreed to represent us professionally (as in reporting for the mag). As for who might represent me spiritually, well, that is a question. Perhaps taai gihk yahn and uki can duel over the honor. And to make things fair, there will be no bone cracking or iron ball juggling allowed.

Seriously, I will miss you all this year.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

uh oh

news coming soon
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

news coming soon
    oh c'mon - what, WHAT?!? you CAN'T just do that, man...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    oh c'mon - what, WHAT?!? you CAN'T just do that, man...
    he just did... LOL... i wonder what the news is?? dales dead?? the festival is cancelled??? gene IS coming??

I posted that after a long chat with Jim Donnelly

Here is his official press release, which I received this morning.

35TH ANNUAL ZHANG SAN FENG FESTIVAL RESCHEDULED FOR 2011

Dear Friends,

It is with profound regret that the American Society of Internal Arts announces the postponement of the 35th Annual Zhang San Feng Festival for 2010, and rescheduling for 2011.

One of the most difficult aspects of putting together an event of the complexity of the Zhang San Feng Festival, is securing a quality venue that meets all the events requirement, while offering a cost effective stay for its attendees. The Hudson Valley Resort met all these requirements and much more. In order to secure the spaces we need to put on the Festival, however, we were required to guarantee a minimum number of room and board packages be purchased by our group.

Unfortunately, as the number of Festival registrations grew, the number of registered rooms at the resort did not. For many, it was understandably more cost effective to stay at some of the less expensive motels within a few miles of the resort. With less than a week before the start of the Festival, it became apparent that the minimum number of room and board packages at the resort, required in order for us to secure the needed workshop spaces, would not be met. The decision was finally made to postpone the Festival for this year, and reschedule for 2011. People who have registered for the Festival, will be receiving refund checks within the next few days.

Rest assured that we are already hard at work planning for next year's Festival. If you have not already done so, make sure to join our mailing list so that you'll be kept in the loop as more details become available. We again apologize for any inconvenience caused by this rescheduling.

Hands Folded in Respect,

Jim Donnelly
    Director
    American Society of Internal Arts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PRE-FESTIVAL XINGYIQUAN WORKSHOP
    Click here for more details

Dr. Torres pre-festival xingyi workshop WILL go on as scheduled. The location for this workshop has been changed to Warwick Town Park, in Warwick NY. For directions, details on nearby hotels, or registration information, please email: info@taichifest.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or call: 973-670-6582. Click here to register online.

If you would be interested in joining us for the xingyi workshop, and having your Festival registration applied to the cost, please let us know ASAP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAO & DHARMA UNDER THE STARS
    Our spiritual camping retreat scheduled for the end of June is still on! All the information is now up at enlightenmentunderthestars.com.

Dates: Friday, June 25 - Sunday, June 27, 2010
    Check-in begins Friday afternoon at 3:00 PM.

The retreat costs just $99 per person, and includes a FREE campsite for those wishing to camp. The campground includes showers and bathroom facilities. Check in begins on Friday afternoon. A FREE labyrinth building workshop will take place on Friday evening with a "group" build. The labryinth will remain the rest of the weekend for everyone's walking pleasure.

On Saturday and Sunday, Master Zhou and Rev. Oceans of Wisdom will offer a series of lectures on the Daoist and Budhist paths, respectively. The weekend will include training in various meditation techniques, as well as lessons in the tai chi and qigong of Wudang mountain. Saturday night will offer a drumming circle around the campfire, and Sunday a Daoist incense closing ceremony. For you non-campers, there are number of hotels nearby for you to return to after the days fun in the lush forest of Stokes State Park.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Here is his official press release, which I received this morning.
    see? they shoulda taken Uki up on his offer when he volunteered his property last year...woe betide he who refuses an invitation from the Tiger...

uki festival!

It could have been DAO, DHARMA & IRON BALLS UNDER THE STARS.

I'm sorry to see this go down this year. ZSFF is one of my fav events. I truly hope that Jim can rally for next year.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

see? they shoulda taken Uki up on his offer when he volunteered his property last year...woe betide he who refuses an invitation from the Tiger...
    no one takes me seriously, but it's ok... i have gotten used to it, but then again, i can go and drink some beers and stand on top of my stone arch whenever i want - do a form here and there at my leisure... but seriously, i wouldn't charge anything to have you all to come and play kung fu on our property... donations only.

i think i am gonna go to the dharma dao star thingy only because i also draw mazes as a hobby... i have 3 now on poster board... one has 25 mazes in it, the other just from start to end, and my third one has 36 mazes... here's a pic of my 25 point maze... it's cropped abit so the entirety of it all is missing from the pic...

i had 2000 of them made and they were sold at university campus stores across america... all things happen for a reason and to think that i can spend 99 dollars to go camping in the woods and build a maze with other like-minded people is just too good of a sign to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i also draw mazes as a hobby...
    beautiful work; you are a crazy hermit in the true taoist tradition; now all you need is a pink bandana...

beautiful work;
    testament of my being...
    you are a crazy hermit in the true taoist tradition;
    i have spent 10,001 lifetimes perfecting the art of just being.
    now all you need is a pink bandana...
    i'd hate to step on the infantile toes around here.

mazes can also be used as footwork and to explain transitional movement designs.