Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Zhang San Feng Festival

I concede

I've always wanted a flying guillotine. I've also always wanted one of those flying claws that grab flesh. I've seen reference to these in books, but I've never been able to validate that said books were any more than modern fiction. I've seen a flying claw, but never one that closed. The claw I saw was just a piece of flat sheet metal, cut into the shape of a hand and bent appropriately. Almost bought it anyway, but didn't. I've never seen a flying guillotine outside of books and movies.

Hey Dale, why don't you start a kilt appreciation club here on the forum?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Is it true what they say about the traditional under garb, or lack thereof in traditional kilt wearing?
    The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I've always wanted a flying guillotine. I've also always wanted one of those flying claws that grab flesh. I've seen reference to these in books, but I've never been able to validate that said books were any more than modern fiction. I've seen a flying claw, but never one that closed. The claw I saw was just a piece of flat sheet metal, cut into the shape of a hand and bent appropriately. Almost bought it anyway, but didn't. I've never seen a flying guillotine outside of books and movies.

How would I go about doing that?

Do tell oh Master of the Forum....
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Joyce View Post
    Is it true what they say about the traditional under garb, or lack thereof in traditional kilt wearing?
    it is but when you are out in public and know some ******* might lift it up to peek it pays to wear some red boxer briefs...

Start a thread

How would I go about doing that?
    You just take the lead and see if anyone else follows.

I'm thinking the "Kilt wearers unite" thread should go in the Other Related Arts forum.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hi Dale that Iron Palm and Iron Vest stuff looks interesting. Where did you learn shuai Jiao from.

Ive learned Shuai from friends as well as picked up some nasty throws from Kwan Sai Hung and my Shrfu Dr. John Painter. I also trained in Judo and Aikido while living in Japan and have a fondness for throwing. Bagua has tons of Shuai built into its material.

All martial arts have tons of Shuai. Most combative altercations end up in the clinch range where throwing becomes second nature.
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Ive learned Shuai from friends as well as picked up some nasty throws from Kwan Sai Hung and my Shrfu Dr. John Painter. I also trained in Judo and Aikido while living in Japan and have a fondness for throwing. Bagua has tons of Shuai built into its material.
    So no formal shuai Jiao training. I know Painter is a Bagua instructor and I looked Kwan Sai Hung and it says he is Tai Chi Qi Gong teacher. Judo and Akido are great but there not Shuai Jiao. And sure Bagua has a lot of throws but dosn't make it Shuai Jiao.

Actually Shuai is a concept found in all arts as I forgot to mention and Jake reminded me.

You posted Judo and Taijiquan experience. Taiji is also full of Shuai material as well. Judo is very similar to Shuai Jiao but a bit different due to it being nicer in application.

Ive been shown many ways to throw the human body.

Throwing is one of my fav things to do.

I can't comment on the Suai Jiao much since I have ..at this stage..not learned any. I've only been studying 8 step mantis for a little over a year. Supposedly in it's development..a master incorporated a good ammount of Suai Jiao into the system..I believe moreso than 7 star mantis.

Though I have never had the privledge of meeting the man..I have browsed thru Dr.Yang Jwing Ming's book entitled "Tai Ji Chin-Na"..it's looks really fascinating!!

What confuses me I suppose is this: is Dr. Ming commenting and demonstrating these Chin-Na moves as they are an ADJUNCT to traditional tai chi moves...or...is he in essence stating that each tai-chi posture IS/HAS ITS OWN separate Chin-Na application?

Can anyone comment on this?

Didn't mean to drift off onto the Chin-Na. My sifu in 8 step has done some Suai throws that have landed me on my a-s with my body contorted in some of the most unusual positions! The funny thing about it..is...each maneuver has a unique name such as "disciple stands before the throne" or some other such name(that one I just made up)..but it's very interesting how something may look at times rather peculiar when done free standing without an application ..yet when applied...BAM!!!...seee...yaaaaaa!!!!

I have been living and training in shuai Jiao in Beijing for over a year now. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=wizcoolc

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    I have been living and training in shuai Jiao in Beijing for over a year now. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=wizcoolc

Brother, you are one lucky man to have it right there for you. thanks for the links to your videos. Good stuff!

Anytime you are in the Boston area would love to meet up.

Be well,

Dale

Thanks. Ganna put up a new video in a few days took it today. Me and Zhou Lao Shi sparring. After I did three rounds with these tough as nails teenagers I taped a round with one of my teachers. Zhou Lao Shi is a three time national Shuai Jiao champion. Probably one of the leading authoritys on Beijing Shuai Jiao in the world.

Zhang Sang Feng 2008

Brothers and Sisters,

This years Zhang Sang Feng is going to be great as they have relocated the festival to a resort with luscious grounds and everyone will have ac in the hotel rooms.

I will be teaching workshops on Shuai concepts found in Baguazhang and other arts as well as Dit Da For Martial Artists. Our own lord of Qi Gene Ching will be teaching Shaolin Eight Brocade Qigong.

For more information on the new locale and other instructors and presenters visit:

http://www.taichifest.com/home/index...129&Itemid=206

It was great meeting up with some KFOers last year and I look forward to seeing more people this year.

be well, train hard

Dale Dugas

P.S. Make sure to take a gander at my recent article on Iron Palm for MMA in the new issue of Kung Fu Qigong Magazine...