Thread: Chun VS Tzun

Chun VS Tzun

hey guys

i just want to make a clarification between wing chun and wing tzun..

i not 100% sure of the difference, and would appreciate it if someone could explain..

and which do you think is better in terms of effectiveness in reality fighting

They're spelt differently. I don't know where the difference in spelling comes from though, for example in mandarin wing chun is yong chun, but they are all the same art. It depends on the individual teachers how good they are for reality fighting.

They're spelt differently
    LOL, I'm guessing he knew that hence the question.
    Wing Chun can be thought of as a generic term which includes a number of different lineages, teaching at their core the same system.
    Some lineages/organisations spell it slightly differently in order to differentiate their interpretation of Wing Chun.
    A good example would be Leung Ting's Wing Tsun organisation. He adopted that spelling and trademarked it.

In a KF magazine interview, Leung Ting said he adopted that spelling beacause the initials of "WC" is the same as "Water Closet", or a public toilet, which could make people disrespect the style.

hey shaun...

Wing Tzun - i think its Emins organaisation.

there are also: Wing Tsun, Ving Chun, Ving Tsun....

Wing Chun is for all those linages (i think) --> but you better ask there : http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru....php?forumid=9

ciao

June

Originally posted by chen zhen
    ... beacause the initials of "WC" is the same as "Water Closet", or a public toilet, which could make people disrespect the style.
    Whereas of course, it's usually really really respected...

Of course the spelling's important Shaun you troll... we all know that the pen is mightier than the sword...!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan