Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best Streetfighter

The Best Streetfighter

hey guys,

i got a pretty interesting question..well maybe not to you but to me...

who is the best street fighter of all time...what do you guys think

bruce lee? was he as good as he is portrayed to be?

shaun

It is hard to say who would be the bets fighter of all time, as each fighter was good in their own right. Personally, i would say that Vanderlei Silva is a great street fighter, Bruce lee was alright for his time, Vitor belfort, Ken Shamrock, Frank Shamrock. Just to name a few. There are many great examples of fighters to learn from out there. Dont be too concerned with who is better and who is worst - learn from them all and increase your vocabulary of fighting.
    Last edited by Void Boxing; 06-14-2003 at 02:44 AM.
    Michael Johnson

Bouncers and Cops.
    A

Me
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

You've never heard of the best streetfighter of all time. He got shanked, shot, or otherwise killed somewhere in a ****ty place we've probably never seen.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Right MP. The best street fighter I have known took care of grapplers, boxers, football players andother street fighters.
    Made a living gambling. Fights over cards and gambling as well.
    He won them all except the last one- it wasnt a fight at all.
    A hit man- came up and sat next to him at a bar and stucka rusty ice pick into him. The fighter lived but was a shell of a man after that.

Thumbs up

I´m along the same lines as MP and fen.

Do not know about the "best" but I´m willing to bet that a "succesful" one is living a life less desirable (or killed already) criminal by definition,in danger and messed up...no glamour there unlike some kids think.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Bruce Lee??

Thats a joke right? Bruce lee was never a street fighter.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Best street fighter ever?

Id have to go with either M. Bison or Guile.

Why wasn't Bruce Lee a street fighter?

He fought in his youth against guys on the street, and his martial art strives toward practicality. Like it or not, a lot of his stuff WORKS in the street scenario.

All of the true streetfighters (i.e. people who've actually fought) I have worked with have real respect for Bruce Lee, though none of them think that he is the toughest man around.

Bruce who?

Bruce Lee wouldn't make the top 1000 streetfighters list for a very simple reason: he was too small. How would Bruce go in a bar against someone like Butterbean ? Bruce wouldn't be able to move around much and so there's no way he could avoid the ferocity of someone like Butterbean.

One name that would be on that list is Lenny McLean. He was in the movie Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and played Barrie The Baptist. Lenny was a bouncer and underground boxing champion.

Here's a web-site on him http://theguvnor.netmag.easyspace.com
    which also talks about other great streetfighters.
    Last edited by TheGhostDog; 06-17-2003 at 11:02 PM.

The Guv'nor had fists the size of boxing gloves truly an intimidating sight! Whoever the best streetfighter was he's bound to be British and from up north

From what I heard, Bruce Lee was considered a really bully where he grew up. Always picking fights, etc. His body type was considered large where he was. =O
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

I don't really have an opinion about who would be the better street-fighter, but BL is the only one of the mentioned I know who had many real street-confrontations, both in Hong Kong and in the US. The others would be called experienced fighters because of their background in extreme fighting sports, and BL *may* be called a more experienced fighter street-wise. Who is the better fighter overall, I don't know, don't drag me into that discussion, lol