Thread: help

help

Hi guys, me and my friends were walking on the beach and there was a punching bag which you could hit and then you get a score. I need a higher score so that means more power! but I want it to be improved in a week or so. What do I need to do to accomplish that?

work your balls off on a punching bag. want to get harder punches? practice them.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

A jab and a cross should do it, twist your hips and upper body and with practice youwill have a good punch. Maybe watch some boxing matches to get a better idea. Do you know anyone with any boxing experience? A week of tbagwork with a little help should have you hitting a lot harder.
    "That is because you are stupid"
    -Zorro

Exercise:

Twist:

Have a pole extended over your shoulders and behind your neck, holding this pole steady and holding your feet shoulder width, holding them steady, you can twist your body left and right and you will stretch and work the oblique muscles in your waist, which are used in pivoting the body. This will assist your punching.

Skipping to make your feet nice and light so you can transfer your weight swiftly from one leg to the other in a burst like motion hitting into something. Much like bruce lees punching style.

Skill:

Shadow sparring, using combinations, working hard and fgast. To make this even more effective, tie some ankle weights around your legs to slow you down, work even harder with the weights on and then do one round after you have the weights off and see how much better you hit and move.

Also train away on the bag, this will help with power.
    Michael Johnson

thanks guys, unfortunatly I don't know any boxers but I'm going to watch some matches. I'm going to do the sticktwisting and the skipping. I shadowbox everyday so I'll continue doing that. I'm buying a heavy bag soon, but will it help to have some heavier gloves (I heard that can make you faster)?

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Other than tensed punching arm. Slightly more tensed when anticipating contact. Elbow behind wrist.

As for heavier gloves, until then, wrap a shirt or towel around each fist, for heavier.

As for more power, Rest the day before you go back to the score bag. After training the muscles can be soft-ish. they can use rest time to reform-ish and recooperate.

Also, put your fist comfortablly near your shoulder; opposite foot forward; feet parallel; front toes towards bag center; punching fist and shoulder close to the inside of the rear foot;

inner upper arm attached-like to body (elbow just where it is; not forced anywhere);non-punching hand (middle finger pointing to where you are going to land the punch); fingertips of lead open hand is about a footstep ahead of your lead foot; pull non-punching hand shoulder towards the ground between the buttock on that side and the heel of that side foot, closer to the buttock (but outside the buttock); Shoulders over the middle of your feet;

fist travels with your body; pivot on the balls of your feet (milimeters off the ground(really close to the ground))-throw out the heel of the rear foot; fist stops traveling With the body when it begins to pass lead shoulder...

Merely a gist.

While a rooted punch might can have more power, the aforementioned should help optimize Power for this score bag on punch.
    Last edited by No_Know; 06-11-2003 at 08:32 AM.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Thank you for your advice