Thread: Eagle claw for people with disabilities?

Jeff Liboiron Guest

Eagle claw for people with disabilities?

Hey guys i was just wondering if the Eagle Claw stylists could give me some info. I am missing my right leg, and currently practice Wing Chun, and really enjoy it. :D

I am also very interested in Eagle Claw, and was wondering if it could be adapted for a person with my sort of disability.

The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you

Kung Lek Guest
    Jeff, all Kung fu is flexible.

If it wasn't it wouldn't be kung fu ;)

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

Jeff Liboiron Guest
    Good point Kung Lek :D

can anyone suggest any books on EAgle Claw that show techniques, and also have some history in them as well?

ngokfei Guest
    Sure any style can be adapted. When my left shoulder was busted up and rebuilt I was still able to train other things in the style till I could use that arm again. It is times like that that you really dig deep inside and find new things.

So your missing you leg. Do you use a prosthetic (excuse the spelling). Remembe the style is really about hand and body techniques form joint locking/breaking etc. Some you will be able to do (i would say at least 90%) while others are more specialized requiring agilty and jumping.

Take a look at Sifu Shum's new book from tuttle (amazon.com has it listed). It should give you a raelly good overview of the style since its a combination of his first book and the addition of alot of traditional techniques.

Also just found out that he's working on 2 more books. (at least one is on ec). He's got one going to the publisher on interpreting EC techniques from forms into reality for the street.

hope this helps.

eric Hargrove
    ngokfei@juno.com

Xebsball Guest
    I think that you could probably do most of the chin na and stuff from the core of eagle claw.
    You would just have to skip some of the northern base of the training and stuff.
    The point is that with a good sifu and good will (you seem to have that) sure you will be able to adapt :)

-------------------------
    I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt
    I'm too sexy for your mother, too sexy for your mother
    So sexy, YEAH

Jeff Liboiron Guest

ngokfei

Thanks, and yes i do wear a prosthetic, i was born missing my leg, so i know no different, oh and you did spell prosthetic right :D

Thanks for the info and support, appreciate it :D

joy chaudhuri Guest
    Jeff_ Nothing wrong with learning eagle claw. But
    you are already doing wing chun. If you stick with wing chun you will discover motions froma wing chun platform that performs the same functions as eagle claw.That way you dont have to re-learn a whole new set of foundations for doing eagle claw. Good kung fu systems including wing chun are pretty comprehensive when one understands the style
    in depth.Email me if needed(see profile) and I can explain further if needed.
    www.azwingchun.com

fiercest tiger Guest

jeff

use the seizing skills out of eagle claw and add it to wing chun?!! :eek:

come & visit us!
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Jeff Liboiron Guest
    Ya Gary, that would be KICK ASS!!! :)

i'll do that one day :)