Thread: YMAA Emei Bagua

Lightbulb YMAA Emei Bagua

I attained Dr. Yang's book on Emei Bagua some time ago, but due to schedule have not had a chance to look at it until now. I was wondering what kind of insight about the lineage of this style called Emei Swimming Body Bagua Zhang any of you had. Also If anyone that has the book could give me a translation of the two larger caligraphy caracters on page iii I would be most grateful....

Peace to All,

Whitecrane
    "There is no one word that holds more depth than silence"

The lineage is rather unclear, that's all I can say...it doesn't mean it is not good bagua, just that the "Emei" part might be a bit stretched off...

The theoretical part is a pot pourri of bagua theories, from Sun Lu Tang's correspondance of trigrams with the body parts to Jiang Rong Qiao's 36 and 48 songs.

For what it's worth, I believe the qigong part (turning spinning qigong) comes directly from Jiang's lineage (to verify, I can ask my own bagua teacher who showed them to me once, and they were 100% similar).

Hope I have been of any help
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

The characters are "You Long" or swimming-dragon.

BTW, its Liang's handwriting.
    "The heart of the study of boxing is to have natural instinct resemble the dragon" Wang Xiangzai