Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: WT Fight Club

By the way, MP, I forgot that you don't do Wing Chun, and discussing this with you is pointless.
    Then I will bow out of responding to you.

kj-- thank you, and no need to apologize. This is a public forum despite what many would like to believe or prefer. You have the right to comment or respond to whatever you wish.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 06-19-2003 at 08:34 AM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Originally posted by yuanfen
    Stuart B- in one of the threads I gave a list of possible sources
    for seeing chi sao demos.

As for "the blah blah round kick is really fast"-thats not my style of communication.

In any case- with good wishes, Joy

Joy,

I understand that's not your way of communicating. No worries. That wasn't really directed at you. Just a general comment on the worth of visual media.

I've seen lots of demos of chisao. I was hoping to see something a little more... freestyle, I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for the chat.

Stuart B.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

Originally posted by apoweyn
    But there are a lot of well spoken people here for whom "spar" is where the discussion starts. And that is not dull.
    I certainly think it is. There is a common thread among Wing Chun advocators of sparring, and in terms of Wing Chun and usually many other aspects of being, it is not favorable quality.

Hi Guys,

When I first posted on this topic I mentioned that maybe the people in the clips should try with the headgear off.

But since that woman got killed in the toughman comp. (wearing all the protection), I think maybe some of those people in the clips should not be sparring at all.

She was unfit but not that old. She only did 3 one minute rounds with 16 ounce gloves and headgear.

Face it. Some beginners will not be ready to do full contact sparring. They may not be fit enough, skilled enough, or smart enough to know when to quit. They could get KOed in seconds if they are thrown in too early or not supervised correctly. They aren't going to learn a **** thing if they are too punch drunk to see straight.

The lady was from Tucson, Arizona. The Arizona Boxing commission said that they would never have sanctioned the fight-
    given the lack of fitness.
    Who knows- they aint saints.

BTW choking a fit person in a sporting event- and doing the same to an unfit person or doing it ignorantly can be quite dangerous. There have been several choking deaths in the Phoenix metro by law enforcement people. One( several years ago) was an overweight person
    with artificial lower limbs! Guess which side lost the subsequent law suit.