Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Junk food cometh to Iraq.

This thread makes me hungry..
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Angry

~ Burger King and Pizza Hut are both own by the same company that own AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange Service). AAFES has a contract with the Air Force and Army to set up "exchanges" (glorified mini-markets and mini-malls) everywhere the armed services go for more than a couple of weeks. It is part of the deal. They have portable stores from the size of conex boxes up to small size department stores that have everything a grunt/soldier/airman could need. Everything from underwear, sun lotion, deodorant, toothpaste, boot polish, socks, writing material, magazines, etc. As soon as the local military population gets to be more than a few hundred and looks to be around for a few months, they bring in the items that make life more comfortable. Chips, candy, soda, baskin robbins, dunkin doughnuts, beer (unless prohibited by base commander or host nation), etc. With that and the contract comes along the comfort foods. Pizza Hut and Burger King! Now, we all know that that food sucks big time, when compared to quality pizza and burgers, but to a kid who has been eating MRE's (Meals, Ready to Eat) for the past month to several months, that stuff is gourmet! Additionally, they already have portable Burger Kings and Pizza Huts and Baskin Robbins' trailers made and ready to ship anywhere that is needed. Attach to running water and possibly natural gas or an electrical generator and your are in business.
    ~ While those of us who have the fortune of being at home with all our local food joints or the old lady cooking for us can sit back and critisize the horrors of American fast food in other parts of world being offered to our troops, I think it is a pretty good deal.

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

But that doesnt escape the fact that that food is SH!T.
    Hey I know its better than nothing.
    But WHY COULDNT IT BE "PRET A MANGER" ******

Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com