Thread: Movie : Office Space [humor]

Movie : Office Space [humor]

Hey, so is this forum the 'general' forum where about anything is ok to be posted ? Been browsing this board for like two years or something, and I never posted here lol, shame on meh

So anyway, if you're going to move or delete this post, please be so kind to leave me a message about where it went =)

I wanted to ask your opinions about the movie 'Space office' it's supposed to be funny, I'm going to watch it in a week or two hopefully, having a hard time finding it in my country, it ain't even released on DVD/VHS in the local video stores! I read a review that said the movie was really funny and all that, but how come it ain't in my country then, it's not like we're in the middle of a jungle (no offence intended), so did the movie fail in theatres in the US or something ?
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !

It's pretty funny. I think it did well here. Can't imagine why it wouldn't be released outside the US.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Never saw it...

however, if you can find it, there's hilarious movie on a similar tone (so I've been told) called Haiku Tunnel.

perhaps it's funnier to me as it takes place in San Francisco (sort of) & there's plenty of local humor...

As for this thread in general. things are pretty mellow 'round here so most things are allowable. However as topics tends to be a bit lighter in tone we try & keep flame wars to a minimum and redundant threads may tend to merge...

Have a blast though, there's some pretty funny stuff going on...

I love "Office Space," and think it's one of the funniest movies ever. But I'm a Mike Judge fanatic.

I've heard the BBC series "The Office" is even better, though. I haven't seen it myself.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Office Space is great. I highly recommend it to anyone who is stuck in a cubicle all day. We are not alone.

What's funny about it is that when it came out, the studio didn't put much effort into marketing because they thought it would flop (hence the stupid movie poster), which it did (because of poor promotion), but it took off once it hit video. Comedy Central shows it at least 3 times a month.

Now, the studio wants to do a sequel, but Judge refuses.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 06-12-2003 at 10:21 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Mmmyeah. Did you get the memo about the TPS reports, MK?
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

The Office (British show) is bloody brilliant. Cringe-worthy in the extreme and totally hilarious. Give it a watch if you can, but a lot of the British humour might be lost if you don't know England at all...
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Serpent, don't you think you could be wearing a few more pieces of flair?
    Crippled Avenger

Excuse me?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

"PC load letter" ? what the **** does that mean?!
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

I saw "Office space" years ago. It's pretty funny - especially the scene in the beginning of the movie with that gangsta white dude and that black... (I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact word for the people who sell newspaper in the street )
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Serpent, 15 pieces of flair is the minimum. Now, it’s up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Well, like Brian, for example, has 37 pieces of flair. And a terrific smile. People can get a cheeseburger anywhere, ok? They come to Chotchkie’s for the atmosphere and the attitude. That’s what the flair’s about. It’s about fun. Look, we want you to express yourself, ok? If you think the bare minimum is enough, then ok. But some people choose to wear more and we encourage that, ok? You do want to express yourself, don’t you?
    Crippled Avenger

I like the part about the guy getting his paychecks cancelled offthe payroll. Also hehe, remember when you would take a penny or two from the penny tray, imagine doing that a couple thousand times a day.