Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Western" MA

Thumbs up "Western" MA

To put it briefly and save my time,Iīd like to know of your experiences%preferences concerning western MA.
    (The trend seems to go that about any MA that does not originate from Asia is at times considered Western you can take that into account)
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

very broad term..

Thumbs up

You are allowed to post on Far-East European (or Danish) arts.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

OK, there's "glima", which is supposed to be a "resurrected" nordic wrestling style, but in reality it's just judo without groundgrappling, and practised in very large leatherboots and belts

Ok, then there's Savate, a very good style, here's a website:
    www.savateaustralia.com

Thumbs up

Iīm more than familiar with savate.

Never heard of that ...glima.

-FC, summer of 2006-

Western Boxing, a great sport for training instinct and hand controll, however nothing but hand striking. other than that don't know anything about WMA.

good for you, FC!
    maybe I can find a glima link, hold on..

Bruce Lee liked Savate a great deal.

10. Thumbs up

Never knew that Bodhi.

-FC, summer of 2006-

I made a thread about BL's savate-connection (french-connection) on the JKD forum

FC

There is a large section in the Tao of Jeet Kune Do about Savate kicks (if you werent being sarcastic).

CZ
    That was a very interesting link!

14. Thumbs up

Glima seems to be sort of a national sport art,not bad.

Nope,was not being sarcastic.

Thank you both.

-FC, summer of 2006-

Not the glima one, I hope, BT!

the savate site is great, tonnes of articles, photo's, pics of it in action.. that site is very good.