Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Western" MA

I did a little bit of boxing. Also spent about 4 or 5 months with sport fencing. Good stuff.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

football is the national sport of Denmark (if not officially, then it oughta be!)
    I don't know about Iceland, though. maybe Glima is practised there

Western football or everyone else's football (aka soccer)?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

4. Thumbs up

Woo-hoo at my seeming woo-woo comment.
    I did not mean that glima is the OFFICIAL sport but as far as martial ones go...

Along with hammer throw and womenīs tennis,football should be the official sport of every country.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

5. Thumbs up Those Americans...

Is there Eastern football? Kidding.

Yes,weīre talking about soccer.

I just feel more comfortable saying "football" because what Iīd call "American football" is virtually non-existent and not appreciated.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Americans always talk about "world-series in football"- but in reality it's just americans who play it.

And yes, football (soccer, to not confuse people ) is everyone else's football

Is there really a world series of football? I've never heard of it. Then again, I don't follow american football.

8. Thumbs up

World cup is every fourth year.

-FC, summer of 2006-

What I mean is, that popular american sports are often called "world cups", but only american teams play it. but maybe that's more baseball.

FC, how is the finnish team going? never heard of it. Our team beat france

ok, enough with the football, let's go on-topic again

10. Thumbs up

"FC, how is the finnish team going? never heard of it. "

They were just trying to get to EU cup.I do not know how it turned/turns out.

BTW,Has Denmark been to world cup?
    We certainly have not.

For those interested in such a discussion,go to "brink of death".

-FC, summer of 2006-

As I said, Denmark won over France last year

I don't know how they're doing now.

Maybe we should move the football discussion to the "brink of.." thread, we should not spoil this one

12. Thumbs up

Yeah,you said.I just was not sure you meant that.

Letīs move it then,and pray that thereīll be followers.

-FC, summer of 2006-

OK, western MA it is again.. there's all the known grappling styles , like wrestling, (greco-roman, free, catch, etc.), BJJ; Sombo (is'nt it russian..?). And then there's JKD of course. that's what i can think of now.

14. Thumbs up

There was a list on another forum back in the days,I might look it up for tomorrow.

-FC, summer of 2006-

15. Thumbs up

-FC, summer of 2006-