Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diet

Question Diet

I posted a question like this on the Qigong forum, and nobody replied. Does anyone use any TCM diets? What does it consist of? Does TCM condem eating any particular types of foods? Does it encourage any? I know I've read some things like eating seeds from a fruit is good, because you get the fruits essence. Is there any other tips like this?

Peace, Love, and use this **** forum!

Thumbs up

I certainly am not a practitioner but I feel macrobiotics comes the closest.
    May someone else continue on that.

Eating the seeds to get fruit´s essence?
    Ahem,I´ll just shut up now.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Could you please explain what macrobiotics means? Pardon my ignorance. Thank You.

Thumbs up

Mediocre introduction;
    http://www.richardseah.com/macrobiotics/macro.html

Basically an unscientific type of diet that circulates around same kind of taoist principles that TCM would.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Very interesting, thank you!

FC
    are you a vegetarian?

Thumbs up

No.

Why?

-FC, summer of 2006-

That site didn't mention meat, just curious. heping

Smile

you know, i'm kinda curious on this too. i've been reading up on it all, but haven't gotten into it.

AFAIK, the diet breaks things into hot, warm, neutral, cool and cold groups. You're supposed to mainly eat foods that atre neutral or warm, but avoid extremes unless required for specific effects/healing. basically, anyway.

neutral foods: grains, rice, pasta, eggs, etc.

warm: pork, chicken, some veggies, etc.

cold: mushrooms, clams, shellfish

hot: beef, peppers, ginger

uh...cool: not too sure.

like i said, just began reading into it. i think its related to your basic constitutionality, like if you're usually cold, you eat hot and vicey versey.

I think they don't condemn foods so much as discourage certain kinds, specifically: milk, caffiene, raw vegetables, fried foods, out-of-season foods, and overly-processed foods. but they encourage certain kinds too: green tea, congee, rice.
    Last edited by ZIM; 06-14-2003 at 07:39 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

10. Thumbs up

As I´ve often come to notice in my humble studies of sinology,it often boils down to symbols and association.
    May it be macrobiotics,feng shui,medicine or even martial arts.

My personal view is that in many a case though,this kind of an approach is rather useless.
    Since it all circulates around and eventually gets wrapped into the same package of unifying philosophy.

-FC, summer of 2006-

i forgot to mention: there's another system that divides foods into categories like 'sweet' 'pungent' 'bitter', etc. These relate to the various zhengfu organs... this version/system i'm very unfamiliar with.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Thanks, keep it coming.

There is a book called "Chinese Natural Cures" by:Henry C.Lu that I have found very inormative. I have not yet started eating following his suggestions, but i goes very indepth pertaining to body size, natural body condition vs. the foods to nurish/correct your general health. A very cool book.
    Best Wishes,
    BTL
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

thanks BTL, let me know how you feel after you start.
    Bless you

Quite honestly, I bought the book for its herbal references.
    I am doing the Atkins diet bit for my initial weight loss (-50 lbs so far).
    I bought the book to help with things such as illness & making herbal mixes for sickness & injury.
    I just thought I would share that the book contained elements similar to the thread topic.
    Best wishes to all,
    BTL
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!