Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: emin bostepe v clip

emin bostepe v clip

hi guys their is a very good video of sifu bostepe doing chi sau with elbow techiques at the chiargo site man that guy can hit hard peace russellsherry
    russellsherry

Whats the site?.....
    Michael Johnson

bostepe video clip

hi mike go to e. b. m . of kentucky clik on chicargo site though the links page russellsherry
    russellsherry

I had some trouble trying to locate the clip with the information given. I have found a clip of Emin Boztepe doing chi sau, not sure if it is the same one russellsherry was referring to, but here is the link to simplify the process for those who ran into the same trouble I did in locating it.
    http://www.ebmas.net/video/sifueminchi-sau.mpg

Oops I see gandolf and were doing the same thing at the same time. I don't see chi sau on Gandolf's link though.
    The one I provided is strictly chi sau.

Vicky
    Last edited by WCis4me; 06-15-2003 at 06:27 PM.
    "I've learned....
    That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it" (Andy Rooney)

One of these days I'd like to actually see a top WC/VT practitioner fighting with his techniques against and actual resisting, skilled opponent.

Originally posted by Knifefighter
    One of these days I'd like to actually see a top WC/VT practitioner fighting with his techniques against and actual resisting, skilled opponent.
    You must live a quiet life.

Or are you not a Wing Chun practitioner?
    John Weiland
    "Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
    (And if he falls, he fights on his knees)
    ---Motto of the Roman Legionary

"Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in': aim at earth
    and you will get neither." --C. S. Lewis

Knifefighter- Real fights are not always or even usually videotaped and marketed. There are people I know who have used their wing chun skills successfully in real self defense situations. I can give you names- but what good would that do?

I also know folks who have used wc very successfully in martial sports competition. Again these folks have not got themselves taped and marketed the tapes out of vanity or for commerce..

Whether someone has seen real wing chun in action depends on location, context and access.

The objectives of the folks I refer to were to test one's own wing chun skills and not to be popular on the net..

One has to be on their own journey...you cant fight for someone else. Forums cannot fill in the gaps in self esteem. My own view has always been that if someone does not trust their own wing chun--- they should do something else.
    No point in sticking with an art that doesnt work for you(generic you not personal).

And if good wing chun gets overwhelmed in popularity by mma-
    no tears shed on my part--jkd is fairly popular too. <g>.Sloppy wing chun should go the way of the dodo.

Incidentally- in some of the threads folks get into name calling
    (pajama crowd lol). In passing- I am no stranger to conventional sparring- it does not enhance wing chun skills though some of it can help overcome some folk's personal fears. There are folks who need a punch in the nose to wake them up. But the right kind of chi sao-
    not mechanical rolling- when it becomes gor sao and lat sao-progressively
    opens up the development of wing chun skills far better than "sparring".

Of course- if one is going to enter different competition- as NTC pointed out--- competition specific regimen and adjustment needs to be added.
    Even in sports- training for a 3 round mateur fight is different froma pro 10 rounder.
    Last edited by yuanfen; 06-16-2003 at 09:04 PM.

Originally posted by yuanfen
    Real fights are not always or even usually videotaped and marketed. There are people I know who have used their wing chun skills successfully in real self defense situations. I can give you names- but what good would that do?

I also know folks who have used wc very successfully in martial sports competition. Again these folks have not got themselves taped and marketed the tapes out of vanity or for commerce..
    OK... I'll agree with the first part. There is a high probability that a video camera will not be present to record someone using WC/VT skills in a SD situation.

The second observation regarding sports competitions is horsehockey. Almost every sports competition is videotaped these days. Don't you find it a little suspicious that there is not one single videotaped example of a "good" or "real" WC/VT person who has demonstrated his skills against another skilled, resisting opponent in any environment? The only examples we seem to have are these videos of these fighters (which everyone here seems to think are beginners) and a blurry video of two "masters" rolling on the ground for a couple of minutes over 10 years ago.

Horsehockey?=Polo variant maybe.

Knifefighter- I dont see much evidence of wing chun in your remarks...but no matter.

Videotaping has gradually become quite common. But even in the 80s---not all interstyle matches were videotaped.There might be some amateur tapes around. I was and am still more interested in watching rather than taping.

I do not find it astounding that top flight wing chun folks have not entered sporting contests... atleast upto now. For some it can be
    an issue of sufficiency of money or principle.

You wont find top flight pro boxers (first five in WBA/WBC) either in mma contexts- not enough money. Some performing bears like to be paid sufficiently. Tyson has been going downhill lately---he
    may eventually be enticed to be a mma caricature...he is well on his way-downhill- lately.

Arrow

When we Chi Sau at our Kwoon it is always with resisting partners. No one just stands there and lets themselves get beaten black and blue... errr... except Black and Blue, who tries but often fails.

If you're ever in the UK come to one of our classes. The seniors are NOT playing around when they Chi Sau
    *There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

You wont find top flight pro boxers (first five in WBA/WBC) either in mma contexts- not enough money.
    But you CAN easily see examples of them using their fighting skills against other skilled, resisting opponents.

Sure knifefighter--- boxers are dangerous...but evena Lewis
    is peaked at 37- a young man's sport.

For skilled gor sao with skilled opponents you have to know whre and when- there is no money involved and they are not trying to impress an audience.

bostepe v clip

hi guys to vicky and others, thanks for your help bostepe sifu is
    one of my idols , and i hope to meet him when i come to
    the states.peace russell sherry
    russellsherry

Sure knifefighter--- boxers are dangerous...but evena Lewis
    is peaked at 37- a young man's sport.

For skilled gor sao with skilled opponents you have to know whre and when- there is no money involved and they are not trying to impress an audience.
    The peak performances in any physical activity (especially fighting) that requires reflexive ability, stamina, strength, power, endurance will occur by those in their 20's to early 30's. WC practioners are no exception to the laws of human physiology.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 06-17-2003 at 05:30 PM.