Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emei Master Helen Liang

Emei Master Helen Liang

how old is she? she looks youthful for her age. kinda pretty too

And on another note, who here has seen her Snake style video? Other than Gene (who'll say it great no matter what ). Im tempted to order it in the next couple of weeks, it is after all like $20 or so and wanted some people's feedback to those who've seen it.
    I have a signature.

Ive seen a chinese lady also from emei doing a snake form , was ok, i cant tell for sure if its her because the entire tape is in a chinese dialect that sounds alot like mandarin.

the name of the tape is Emei , and Wudang Boxing, from CNCKI , Inc Shaolin Brand Products.

Pretty cool tape , has masters demonstrating forms like duck fist, dog boxing, snake, emei piercers, lots of stuff. I ordered it back in the day , and to be honest some of the forms look like wushu and the tape was actually sped up a tiny bit but it's still cool stuff to watch. If the lady on this tape is the same woman you're referring to, because i've seen the link Gene has posted several times and they look the same, then for 20 bucks check it out. Snake seems to be a very rare style. I've only seen two snake forms in person both of which were STRIKINGLY different.
    Only other time i've seen snake was via tape or wushu demonstration clips.

Whats really awesome i think is scorpion, i think it looks fun, only seen this Once via dvd, but there was lots of other cool stuff on it like toad and swallow...
    anyways yeah thats it. peace

Exclamation

perv

Hey, Helen Liang is a total hottie!!!

What she does looks mostly Whu Shuised, but the Whu Shu body structure really accentuates.....eh......ummmmm.........her "Features" really welll!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

CNCKI , Inc Shaolin Brand Products?

I freind of mine just bought that company.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I read where she overcame cancer recently. Very good article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Helen Liang is the daughter of Liang Shouyu. She has been training under her father since she was quite young and is quite good.

Her father, Liang Shouyu, is a nice man with very good skills in just about anything you can think of. The first time I met him and saw him perform, he did White Ape Jian (sword). The first few moves had a step up to a straight leg kick to the eyebrow level.

He did this flawlessly - up to touch eyebrows with his toes, obvious power ability in the kick AND it was done so quickly that if you blinked, you missed it. We had it on video and it literally WAS completed in less than a blink.

He does a number of styles and is quite good with Shuai Jiao, internal and external.

Understanding this, Helen Liang probably exhibits a great deal of technique, speed, and finesse...but I would wager that she also KNOWS how to use it all as well....She would not be her father's daughter if she didn't.

"kinda pretty".... ??? Her beauty begins deep inside form what I can tell, and simply exudes itself to her outer person.
    I have seen a bit of her waterboxing -- very good.

Yeah, her water Boxing is very beautiful. I have the video. I think it's the PRC Whu Shu version. It's a spectacular performance.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Helen Liang is both Beautiful & graceful.

She's got great Kungfu and it shows through her Snake fist, water Boxing as well as the Bagua I've seen her demonstrate.

And yes for more on the story of her life training under , Grandmaster Shou-Yu Liang, her father, as well as her victory over cancer KFM covered it in the Magazine's most recient issue... obviously.

RD...why the distinction.

Good is Good....

Helen Liang is good...at ANY routine she chooses to do.

Helen's videos...

Her videos are some of the most popular that we sell. They are great no matter what
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Stacey Guest
    how about giving her more exposure in your mag? Little kung fu girls quit every day because of a lack of female ma role models. Kathy Long can't do it all.

But seriously, beyond point karate, and daughters of martial artists (Lee, Castro, Inosanto) with implants and fantasy knives, what do our daughters have to look up to?

Who is that old Chinese lady with the white afro? She was on the cover of Tai Chi mag one time. She wore a pink outfit. SUn style tai chi, shuai chiao, longfist. She competed with men and was a swimming and wrestling champion to boot. That old lady is my hero. We need to see more about her too. I think she's in San Fran. She did all this and raised a familly, now shes an old chinese lady with grandkids, leggos and legs of steel. I wish she was my grandma.

Perhaps Donnie Yen's mom needs some props too.