Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emei Master Helen Liang

And on another note, who here has seen her Snake style video? Other than Gene (who'll say it great no matter what ). Im tempted to order it in the next couple of weeks, it is after all like $20 or so and wanted some people's feedback to those who've seen it.
    I think it's great! She's lots of fun to watch Lol, seriously, like GLW said, her martial arts performance is very very good The tape has a basic explanation of who her and her father are, shows footage of her & her sister demonstrating Emei snake two person set during competition/demonstration in China as teenagers, and then goes into the main instructional portion of the set(which consists of the individual form and a number of application demonstrations). The video quality is very good.

Sweet merciful cr@p, I agree with Stacey!

Knock me over with a feather.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I think Stacey turned into a woman again

Anyway, I agree with what you're saying

RD...why the distinction.

Reply]
    Becasue there is a difference.

Either way, she's still a complete hottie, I'd do her
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

This is the same thing that comes up in judging competitions...

Define down to detail the difference in such a way that the most casual observer could view two people doing things and tell which was which.

So far, NO ONE in any organization has been able to do that....

So...the distinction is meaningless.

Wushu has Lien Yong Kan - Health, Use, Aesthetics. If ANY performance lacks speed, power, focus, or understanding - it is incomplete Wushu. Seen plenty of BAD Classical and BAD Contemporary. There are BAD routines and BAD performances.

However, to expect a woman to perform like a man...there are different body types. Women TRADITIONALLY emphasize different aspects of things to captialize on their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. After haveing been in CMA for nearly 30 years and judging at national level events for over 10 years, I have seen a lot...and the difference is not that big.

AND Helen Liang is good no matter what yardstick you use

First,she performs the modern PRC Whu Shu water boxing form. I've seen the real thing, it's very different. Serious Waterboxing stylists will laugh at anyone claiming her set is authentic Waterboxing.

Second, look at the body structure. Her back is arched, butt out, chest expanded. That is what vertually all Whu Shu players do. Traditional Chinese Kung Fu is performed with a tucked tail bone, straite back, rounded shoulders, and a sunken chest. This body structure may not be pretty, but it is nessasary for optimal alignment and power issuance. This is something that is not nessasary for Whu Shu as impressing the judges and crowd is the order of the day. A prettier body structure is nesssary.

Helen Liang is an exceptoinal artist, with the highest levels of skill. There are very few who's Whu Shu can compare. However, she does not publically perform traditional Kung Fu (That I have seen). If she does do it, it's behind the scenes where noone can see. When the spotlite is on her, she does the Whu Shu version of everything.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Hey CSN, "Who watches the Watchmen?"

Anyhoo, I too agree with Stacey. I find it funny he says the afro lady is his hero and he can't even tell the name though.

You need to toss some women on the cover more, to show women that women can do it too.
    I have a signature.

I agree as well , more women role models for the ladies, and even for us guys too.

according to her website, she's only 28. I thought she was 40.

28 is the prime marriage age. Women seem to go through great persionality changes in thier late 20's. If you start dateing them at 28, they most likely have gone through it, and are ready for the commitment.

For the Women:

+ = & a

you've really thought that through, huh?

Originally posted by Stacey
    how about giving her more exposure in your mag? Little kung fu girls quit every day because of a lack of female ma role models. Kathy Long can't do it all.

But seriously, beyond point karate, and daughters of martial artists (Lee, Castro, Inosanto) with implants and fantasy knives, what do our daughters have to look up to?

Who is that old Chinese lady with the white afro? She was on the cover of Tai Chi mag one time. She wore a pink outfit. SUn style tai chi, shuai chiao, longfist. She competed with men and was a swimming and wrestling champion to boot. That old lady is my hero. We need to see more about her too. I think she's in San Fran. She did all this and raised a familly, now shes an old chinese lady with grandkids, leggos and legs of steel. I wish she was my grandma.

Perhaps Donnie Yen's mom needs some props too.
    That's maddam Wu.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Stacey Guest
    Maddam Wu is my nigga.

Does she have a web site?

Not sure but she could be. Could try a search on google since it wouldn't hurt. Oh and she's a master of the wu style of taiji (no pun intended).
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

you've really thought that through, huh?

Yeah, but I thought it through too late If I had known then, what I know now, I never would have bought her the ring. In stead, I would have run around with Terri and enjoyed her more back when she was still into lifting her shirt at every oppertunity.

Now she's all "Matured" and denies ever doing that stuff.

I ignored her when she was fun for the one I that married because I thought she was the more stable of the two, and at 28 she just "Changed", and decided running around with people at the office was a good idea. Terri on the otherhand was a bit wild in her early to mid 20's, but began to settle down at 28. I should have waited it out, to see how she would have turned out, but the one I actually did marry seemed more stable, or so I thought.

So, the rule of thmb is the wild ones are fun to play with in thier early to mid 20's, but often become good stable, loyal women after age 28, but the good stable ones in thier early to mid 20's often become wild cheating s1uts after 28.

HOWEVER, some of the wild one's just get bitter and jaded and are no fun anymore after 28, and some of the nice stable ones become bi.tchy and controll freaky after 28. I've seen that too. in all cases, by the time they turn 28 they sort of settle into being who they are going to be for the next 20-30 years or so (So far anyway)

So the moral of the story is this, don't marry them till they've past that personality change at age 28. Once you get them past that, your good to go as far as judging what your going to be stuck with for the rest of your life. This means Helen Liang, the super hottie, now age 28, is fair game
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 06-14-2003 at 03:25 PM.

For the Women:

+ = & a