Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Emei Master Helen Liang

Its all the same and not nearly as cool as commie stuff.
    Kicks, whats the difference to you, especially in forms, front kick, side kick, crecent kicks, sweeps, etc...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I think Helen has a boyfriend or is married. This was according to Liang Shou Yu. But that was couple of years ago when he told me. She could be divorced or broken up by now.

Hey Gene. I think that her martial arts helped her in the way that she was stronger and healthier than a couch potato, but I really doubt it cured her.

I know doctors and researcher don't know everything about cancer, but I think there were more factors involved.
    For traditional kung fu go to http://www.taishingpekkwar.com

That shows what you know, Richie. An spinning outside crescent kick to the chin of a lymphoma will cure it every time!

I had to ground'n'pound a malignant growth on my left testicle once. Painful, but the end result was worth it.
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 06-17-2003 at 02:29 PM.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Richie, while her martial arts may not have "cured" her, the martial arts she does goes a long way, like you pointed out to keeping her healthier then your average schmoe, the practice does do a lot towards keeping you healthy even in times of sickness and I believe that sort of exercising of the body can do a lot towards healing you. I don't thin it's mystical, or having anything to do with "energies", I just believe that it has a way of strengthening your body, your mind and your spirit.

Combine a healthier body with:

Traditional Chinese Medicine (there are herbal treatments that are being added to Western Medicine all the time...and what about the research into the health benefits of Green Tea...)

Helen used some TCM treatments

Along with Qi Gong (that has been shown to strengthen the body, immune system, bring things into balance, etc...AND calm the mind and help maintain a postive outlook)

AND add this to continued practice to keep the body stronger, shore up the immune system, and keep the spirits up...

I would say that Wushu, Qi Gong, and Traditional Chinese Medicine played a VERY large part in her remission.

Well, you're never really cured from cancer

You just go in remission. But if you read the article, you'll see how much she credits her health to her practice. Certainly TCM played a part too, since she was on a regimen of Chinese herbs, but in TCM, you cannot divorce treatments like you do in Western medicine, so her martial practice was definately critical. There was also a heavy spiritual factor - chanting was used - but that aspect wasn't covered in the cover story. It's a bit too way out for most westerners anyway since it echoes of exorcism and most westerners only think that's movie stuff.

As for her marital status, Helen is not married. Last I heard she was about to be engaged, but I don't know if that went through or not.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

GM Live 2017: IWSD Association

I couldn't search out a thread devoted to the IWSD (common terms - hard to search here) so I'm just going to copy this KUNG FU TAI CHI 25TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL Grandmasters LIVE! demo to Master Helen Liang, even though its a group performance with many others. Her father, GM Liang Shou-yu, demonstrated separately from the IWSD performance.

MAY+JUNE 2007
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

TCKFMC 2018: Master Helen Liang

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our latest sweepstakes. ENTER TO WIN!

Enter to win KungFuMagazine.com's contest for Beginner Tai Chi for Health DVD Autographed by Helen Liang! Contest ends 5:00 p.m. PST on 4/25/2019.

THREADS
    Emei Master Helen Liang
    Tai chi for health
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our winners are announced

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips