Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vcd's

is that the guy with the huge hand staff?
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

The good and the bad.....

I'm psyched that all these movies are going to be re-released... however, it kinda stinks b/c I'll have to buy them all now... and I have just been really getting my shaw bros. collection together too.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

je & np

je - that's the guy. you know it

np - i know what you mean. as soon as we collect all the dvds, they'll probably come out with some new better platform. it's the curse of our generation....
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

np - i know what you mean. as soon as we collect all the dvds, they'll probably come out with some new better platform. it's the curse of our generation....
    Yeah, I know what you mean.... Thats OK, me and my record collection will be right over here....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

vinyl

I got some Bruce Lee soundtracks on vinyl, not just Enter the Dragon, but also Fist of Fury. They only released ETD on CD in an over-priced Japanese CD and an over-priced 25th anniversary CD. Fist of Fury never made it...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I'll need to find that on vinyl.... good stuff to sample...lol

I used to have some chinese music on vinyl that I'd sample into some of my sets.... then again I used to scratch a sesame street album too....
    practice wu de

a sampling dream

Actually the Fist of Fury soundtrack has several tracks that are just dialog and sound effects (meaning fight scenes!) I used to have the parrt where the Japanese villain says "let's beat 'em up!" followed by several minutes of fighting on my answering machine. It also has the original English lyrics of the Fist of Fury song, sung in a totally cheesy '70's fashion.
    It went something like (and I'm doing this from memory now, so don't quote me):
    "My hands can show tenderness,
    My hands can give a sweet caress,
    but when a man offends another man,
    then my hand turn into
    fists of fury"
    Imagine Fists of Fury sung in a wailing Sinatra style.

The record was a Japanese import and I got like 20 years ago. It's still one of my prize possessions, but I have it in storage now with my turntable and the rest of my vinyl.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I asked a friend last night about that album (he says he can find just about anything), he just laughed and took a sip of his pint.

Be careful with vinyl and storage, I've heard many a horror stories about that situation.
    practice wu de

the vinyl is safe

but i do need to burn that album to cd soon, just so i can give it to friends...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I have a Joey Wang Solo Album on vinyl. It has one decent cantonese pop tune and one Madonna cover "La Isla Bonita" that is the worst. surprising, considering it's an american song with fake spanish sung by a chinese starlet.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

that sounds almost as bad as...

...jackie chan singing reggae. i think it was on his heart of the dragon cd...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I got a couple san shou vcd's. One is cool, it is ery instuctional with alot of those old school David lee roth type Kickboxing kicks and some classic san shou techniques. the other one is one of these preposterous san shou "events" in China. Lots of fanfare and one silly match.

David Lee Roth kicks - LOL

I've been trying to stay away from the VCD world, but....
    ...I got a lot of Shaolin Temple VCDS, included a bizzare postcard style one that has a girls singing in front of the background of fighting monks and such. I also have some demo and instructional ones - those are all pretty good. I also have a few of those Bruce Lee JKD ones where some Bruce impersonator does moves straight out of the movies, even in the yellow jumpsuit! Gotta admit though, that dude really moves like Bruce.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Today I got the legend of Zu. So far it's a real piece of junk. I think Tsui Hark has really lost his touch. I loved the first one.

I also got Shaw bros "The Love Eterne". It came with a free collectors edition fan!!