Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They're getting youger and younger!

They're getting youger and younger!

i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

You've never experienced humility until you've been schooled by a three year old.

Would they even be able to tie the belts there recieving at that age is what i would be interested to know.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Oh ffs
    'If someone wants to fight you, run a mile. If they are still behind you after that, run another mile. If they still want to fight, and it is really worth it, turn around and beat the living !*$!% out of them, 'cause they will be really tired.'

That's retarded. They're handing out these things like... like whatever is usually handed out in large amounts to anyone.

Crazyness.

I always thought that 1st Dan testees had to do a written essay.

Next they will hand it out when the toddler can put on his keikogi for the first time without help.

Last edited by Laughing Cow; 06-15-2003 at 08:33 PM.

Well, it is taekwondo...
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Serpent
    Well, it is taekwondo...
    Where taekwondo goes other follow.

Or can you see the little 7yr old karateka accepting that his tkd buddy got 2nd Dan while he is kyu ranked.

The world is ruled & governed by 2 things, money is one ...

OMG that is such BS. Can they seriously say that the kid deserves a BB? And if so, it just says bad things about their standards.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Thats why TKD has a bad rep

Got my TKD BB at the ripe old age of 11 or 12... dont rightly remember. It wasnt important, Tried to unlearn everything they taught me when I started kung fu.

My buddy has his kids in a school like that. I've told him not to buy into that bs, however he said it was good for the kids self esteem.
    Bless you

Bah. All TKD is going to do, is wind up getting your a$$ kicked cause you think you know how to fight when you really dont.
    Albeit, it gave me a little insight to fighting, just cause we sparred. But as a former TKDer, I will very forwardly state that it is CRAP.

The local TKD school here does stupid shlt like this. His ad campaign says "we are the only school that can qualify you for the olympics."

The funny thing is, he doesn't require sparring. So, some of his 3rd degree black belts have only sparred 3 or 4 times in their life!

Two of his 8 year-old "2nd Dans" come to our school now. Granted, they are flexible as hell, but they can't fight to save their lives.

You have to put some of the blame on the parents, though. When one the young kids came to our school, the first thing his mom asked was "How long till he gets his black belt" before she asked anything about kung fu. Come to think of it, a lot of parents ask that question right off the bat.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

wouldnt an 8 yr old with a 2nd dan have to have gotten his 1st at like 5? or 4?
    ehehehe....
    Stupid tae kwon do.........