Thread: should you stretch a strained hamstring?

should you stretch a strained hamstring?

im not sure that i pulled it, unless there are small degrees of pulling a muscle, but when i do the one stretch where you sit with your legs spread and lean straight down in the middle i feel a pinching in my hamstring. i guess its my hamstring, its actually underneeth my groin muscle by my starfish. in the same position i can lean to either side, i can do the butterfly stretch, and pretty much any other leg stretch without it bothering me at all. i can actually stretch past this pinching point and go quite a bit further before i feel it pinching again, but im not sure this is a good idea. i remember a long time ago one of my teachers told me not to because small pinching like that usually meant micro tears in the muscle that could get a lot worse if you keep stretching it. any truth to this or do you guys just say fu ck it and see what happens?
    where's my beer?

Exclamation NO

Whenever it feels strained, it probly is. Try Bengay, Dit Da Jow, Johnny Walker, and rest.

My favorite is epsom salt baths, really hot.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Careful GDA, I did that once and passed a kilbasa.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

You're really amused by the whole passing of kilbasa incident, huh, Rogue!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Ouch!!!

Originally posted by Vash
    My favorite is epsom salt baths, really hot.
    Oh, wait. You said bath, not enima. Never mind.

it was five minute old kabosi skin im tellin ya!

cross board quantum leaping makes my head hurt.
    where's my beer?

... quantum leap was a good show.
    where's my beer?

Stretch your quad and hip flexor. Let your hammie rest.
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

That dude on quantum leap is now on star trek. he's an ass.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

No stretching as it will dmg the fibers further and if the healing is prolonged.... better chance of actually building "scarred fibers" which never regain their pliability. This has happened to me twice and once I can touch it without pain I start doing poolwork. Basically you want to gently doing a sort of "donkey kick" that focuses on using the hamstring and gluts to push your leg behind you. It will have the feeling of doing light reps as it slowly starts to burn... As long as it doesnt SHARPLY hurt you should be working towards rebuilting the muscle. If it starts to sting... stop and wait a little longer. Pools are the quickest way in my opinion to heal this type of injury as its the smoothest/most gentle method of therapy.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...