Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What the world thinks of America

Frankly, I wish you guys would take the lame attempts at geopolitics elsewhere.
    As if you have not been a participant in any of these threads.

Second that ewallace,

Serpent....actually it was in "part" good humor....don't take everything so seriously all the time....it will cause wrinkles.
    Regards

So . . .

anyone read that Planetary/BATMAN crossover...?

Great ART....

As if you have not been a participant in any of these threads.
    Uh, I don't start em and I will usually disuade em. I have participated in those that were of some interest, but they always degrade into mudslinging. So, I don't think you can exactly cry hypocrisy in regards to what I just said in my last post.

Danged if you do, danged if you don't when your a mod eh?

hmph

anyway...It is a Kungfu forum and it's international and who gives a flying donut what the rest of the world thinks about america. More sensationalism is the heart of that show anyway.

Hello Kettle, its pot, your black.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

As much as I hate political discussions on this KUNG FU BOARD, I just had to throw my 2 cents in here.

I could give a rat's rotten ass tits what other countries think about America. Because everytime someone goes broke or needs to be bailed out of a war (France: WWI, WWII, VIETNAM! and far too many other examples to list here), negative opinions get conveniently pushed aside.

Careful what you say about daddy. One day he'll cut off your allowance.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    If here...

It is through stubborn persistence or plain stupidity that it becomes that now and then... I have participated in those that were of some interest...
    ... you're saying that you're as prone to stubborn persistence and plain stupidity as the other posters here, surely you should be applauded for your equanimity.

I think the confusion is coming from here...

Frankly, I wish you guys would take the lame attempts at geopolitics elsewhere.
    ... it seems like if that was your wish, it would be reflected in your actions. It's not, by your own admission. So, it's not surprising that people are left to wonder if that truly is your wish. Perhaps another alternative is that you feel that your wish-fulfillment should be other people's responsability rather than your own.

Chris, I'm as stupid and as stubborn as you, or the next guy.

And I will reiterate, I don't start these inane political topics about strom thurmonds glands or dexter lexter maddox hills in a box or hillaries bill folding techniques.

I leave that to the wannabe pundits. And yes, some of the topics pee me off, what can I say I am only human.

what I am saying is that there was a statement made earlier that was erroneous and misleading. That statement was the original one I quoted. Look up a bit in the thread. Anyway, to paraphrase the quote is saying to dump all your banal stuff here in teh main forum.

I said, NO, don't dump your dumb@ss pseudo political musings here if you can avoid it.

Thank you

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Little girls in America play soccer. It's sport for people who aren't very strong or good with their hands, which is why Brazilians dominate in it.

After all, WE don't have "football moms."
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

No one can argue with that.

I suspect that there was the perception that your comments were intended to be general rather than specific; in other words, that you used Laughing Cow's aforementioned remark as a spring-board for a general statement directed at other posters, rather than being directed specifically at those remarks alone.

Going by your most recent remarks, I suspect that the bulk of the posters involved here (specifically those alleging your hypocrisy) feel the exact same way you do about the topic. I think this is exactly why the remarks were percieved to be hypocritical, as it seemed like people with the same stance as you were being treated differently.
    Last edited by Christopher M; 07-03-2003 at 05:14 PM.

At least pick up the latest issue of NEW X-MEN... it's great fun.

Going by your most recent remarks, I suspect that the bulk of the posters involved here (specifically those alleging your hypocrisy) feel the exact same way you do about the topic. I think this is exactly why the remarks were percieved to be hypocritical, as it seemed like people with the same stance as you were being treated differently.
    Chris, into everyone's life a little hypocrisy must fall.

What I am really saying is I am tired of seeing 10 threads about shrubs latest blunder vs 3 threads about Kungfu techniques or queries.

I'd rather see Shaolin Do debates frankly. at least they are on topic to a degree.

Anyway, Happy independence day, to the murcan cousins here.\

And, just as an addendum, when it's done here, it's a hiyah-pocrisy.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I am so tired of tourists, corparate officers and government officials acting like the south end of a north bound horse when they go overseas I could just spit.

I saw an editorial on a book the other day, and cannot for the life of me remember the name. Anyhow, the jist of the book was why European Nations differ so much from the US and why they dislike us.

After the first two world wars, Europe was in shambles. The US filled the power void with its military and economic power. Europe concentrated on diplomacy while the US based its military power there to ward off the threat of the cold war. The cold war is over, the communist threat is gone and the world is a very different place to live in. Today the political philosophy in Europe is bent toward the diplomatic or "let's talk this out" idealism. Europeans feel that the American ideal of buy them out or beat them up ideal is out dated. The problem with the European thought process is that they still need the military might of the US (through the UN) to take care of problems that require military intervention (ie. Bosina). This need of US power makes the European community angry, because is displays a reliance on a method that they feel is outdated.

It seems that the more modern or culturally evolved idealism of Europe is at odds with the 20th century, cold war idealism of the US.

It is obvious that we need both. Diplomacy is always a better solution, but when problems arise, and leaders arise that just won't listen force is needed. I don't know the answer, but a balance is needed. Until that balance is achieved, the European Community will be unhappy with the US, and vice versa. They want to talk it out and we want to eliminate the problem.

There will be more problems, but time heals all wounds and society will evolve to allow for co-existance under some kind of system that we probably haven't imagined yet.

Until then, I will subscribe to the "talk to those who listen and ignore those who don't" philsophy. At least until those who don't start hurting me, then I will hit them.
    Badges?
    We don't need no stinking badges!

Originally posted by Black Jack
    Serpent....actually it was in "part" good humor....don't take everything so seriously all the time....it will cause wrinkles.
    Easy to say now. Still, don't worry about the wrinkles - they're mostly laugh lines.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Okami.

I also read that study and feel like it was not accurate representation of what the average european in the street feels.

The USA being a major economic powerhouse is trying to impose a lot of rules and tarrifs on international business and this in turn hurts our economies and affects our lifes.

This is one of the parts for the discontent.

Another is the americanisation ofr atleast the attempts to turn everything uniform and stereotype.
    Europeans are VERY proud of heritage and their culture and resend uninvited intrusions into what they feel is their heritage.
    We love our diversity and will fight to keep it, at the same time we also respect other peoples right to be different and act accordingly.

Last point of contention.

Political, now here we don't see eye to eye and I don't think we never will.

Plus, we are sick and tired of hearing how much bigger, better and grander all things american are and how we continously need to be bailed out by the USA who on the other hand hurts us economically and in many other ways.

Just some thoughts.