Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What the world thinks of America

What the world thinks of America

Based on recent discussions we've had here, this is interesting reading.

Article.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

gonna read it l8r
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

The BBC emphasised that its poll is not a representative sampling of world opinion, but only of opinion in Australia, Brazil, Britain Canada, France, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Russia, South Korea and the United States.
    Open your eyes.

Get out of your shell.

And for God sakes get over it.

I think Serpent has some type of American penis envy.

uhh.. I don't really see the point of this article. I'm sure most americans already know that ppl look down on them. And those who do look down on them know that the americans don't really care. (and looks down on them )

I sense a huge political thread of this ****.. I'm outta here
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Let's make a distinction here between American people and the American government (executive branch especially). I just got back from 1 month in Thailand where I spoke with many Thais & Europeans about the face the US shows to the world. There was near unanimous agreement - American people & many private American organizations (charities, ngo's) are generally well liked. The American government, Bush especially, is not well liked. He is seen as an arrogant, spoiled cowboy. And I was pleased to learn that many people around the world know that lots of Americans share that view.

Number one is that a lot of Americans do not share that viewpoint. So you were just misleading them or if you want to cut straight to the point just downright lying. Many Americans support president Bush and his adminstration.

Check out the polls. Support is still very strong.

What is "many" anyway????

A group of protesting beatnicks in faded hemp shorts, dirty tee-shirts, and unwashed hair, standing on the sidewalk, talking out their ass but really only wishing to get out of the cold, jump into their yuppy sports car, and go masturbate a fern.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 06-18-2003 at 12:16 PM.
    Regards

Daddy Bush was ahead in the polls right up until election day. Hopefully, history will repeat itself.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Time will tell.
    Regards

Forget America. What does the world think of Pitcairn Isand? That's the burning question that needs to be answered.
    K. Mark Hoover

Pitcairn Island? Bunch of **** losers, that's what. Pitcairners will be the death of us all, I tells ya!!

There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

I hear they have Weapons of Mass Destruction....oh wait, those are honey bees. No matter, those bees are a threat to our liberty.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

And while we're at it we need to keep a closer eye on those South American pygmies. I don't trust those little f*ckers, either, hiding as they do in their rain forests. Perhaps it's about time we scrape the rain forests from the face of the earth so we can see what those little runts have really been up to...

So sayeth Budokan.
    K. Mark Hoover

I hear they have Weapons of Mass Destruction....oh wait, those are honey bees. No matter, those bees are a threat to our liberty.
    Are you sure they're honey and not KILLER BEES?! It's a terrorist plot I tell ya... we should drop a Geraldo on them.

Originally posted by Black Jack

Yeah, and who exactly were polled? All 250 million americans? Sure

Now, Spark, do you really think the media would lie about something like that? The media? C'mon....they kept us so informed throughout the war. Why, I didn't even see one dead American on TV, so I know we must have kicked @ss.