Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What the world thinks of America

Originally posted by ewallace

Open your eyes.

Get out of your shell.

And for God sakes get over it.

I think Serpent has some type of American penis envy.
    Yeah, that must be it.

Americans really should travel more.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Black Jack
    A group of protesting beatnicks in faded hemp shorts, dirty tee-shirts, and unwashed hair, standing on the sidewalk, talking out their ass but really only wishing to get out of the cold, jump into their yuppy sports car, and go masturbate a fern.
    You see, your view of the "opposition" to your views is far more misinformed and emotional than their view of you.

Interesting, no?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Originally posted by Serpent

Americans really should travel more.
    Nooo, don't let more of them out.

I have seen enough of US Tourist in Asia to make me sick and grow hot under the collar.

Just watch them in Thailand and similar and their behaviour towards the locals.

It's like that everywhere they go. It's part of what fuels the hatred.

Ever noticed how you can spot an American tourist from a hundred paces, while every other race you have to speak to first? Except, perhaps, the Japanese.

Japanese and Chinese always travel in large groups with plenty of flashes going off.
    Tours are very cheap and the guides translate and take them to plenty of ex-pat shops.

American tourists in Europe are great fun, their jaws keep dropping.

Misinformed....no.

Sarcastic.....yes.

You being a gayblade aussie snob with SERIOUS american envy.....priceless.

You don't see Americans posting about your neck of the woods around these parts that often....if ever....but for some reason you and other certain other nimrods post an awful lot about mine........
    Regards

Misinformed....no.

Sarcastic.....yes.

You being a gayblade aussie snob with SERIOUS american envy.....priceless.

You don't see Americans posting about your neck of the woods around these parts that often....if ever....but for some reason you and other certain other nimrods post an awful lot about mine........
    That is because Americans don't realise there is a world outside of the borders of the USA
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Maybe because you guys react so nicely to our posts.

Very predictable.
    As for envy, hrrmmmpppfff HAHAHA.

You guys kill me.
    j/k of course.

Ah, Blackjack, you're like a clockwork toy. Wind him up and off he goes!

It really is easier for you to think we envy you than to admit you're fukked, huh? Go for it. It's that kind of arrogance and ignorance that continuously fuels the opinion that the rest of the world has of the US.

Yeah,well....uh, your guys's toilet water runs the other way. What kinda COUNTRY/CONTINENT has TOILET WATER RUNNING THE WRONG WAY????? WHO'S MESSED UP NOW!?!?!?!?!?!?!???

Originally posted by Yung Apprentice
    Yeah,well....uh, your guys's toilet water runs the other way. What kinda COUNTRY/CONTINENT has TOILET WATER RUNNING THE WRONG WAY????? WHO'S MESSED UP NOW!?!?!?!?!?!?!???
    Now you see, in Oz the toilets flush differently. They have a more turbulent action, so you can't really tell which way they flush. Only in the USA do you care about which way your sh!t water flushes
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

But bath water? That's a whole other issue.

JoeDoe

"That is because Americans don't realise there is a world outside of the borders of the USA "
    Oh but we do realize it....because they're all trying to sneak into our crappy little country so they can complain that it's not like back home...
    "You have come here from all over the world because society has no furthur use for you....."

Thumbs up

cwheelie- LOL!

How so true.
    Regards

Arrow

~ As one of the supposed ignorant, untraveled uncultured Americans, I really don't give a rat's behind what the rest of the world thinks of us. Most of the time it is incorrect and based on what they are fed by their govt controlled media and education.
    ~ I do know this, we have hundreds of thousands of people coming into this country every year illegally just so they can live in America!
    ~ In the 15 plus countries that I have traveled to around the world. I have notice huge lines every morning outside the embassies and consulates with people begging to be given the chance to come to the US so they can better their lives. I dont see huge lines every day outside the French missions, the Egyptian missions, the British missions, the Brasilian missions, the Russian missions... In fact, only rarely does one see any line anywhere except for the purpose of a special national holiday. Only the USA has the long lines with people trying to get in!
    ~ Additionally, only in the US do we have a government that pays anti-american media to spout its views! I will admit though, that the BBC is a pretty decent media source on occassion.
    ~ Of course, American has its downside. We are too nice on occasion and expect that others can be the same. And, we have a lot of gall in calling Budweiser the "King of Beers."

Peace

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue