Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improvised Weapons

Improvised Weapons

Inspired by this thread, I wondered what sort of improvised weapons people knew about or had considered. There could well be a situation where you might need more than just your empty hand skills to defend yourself.

I'll start with the weapon I mentioned in that other thread:

The Millwall Brick:

There got to be so much violence in football (soccer for the Yanks) matches, that they started by banning weapons (obviously) and then moved on to actually searching peoples pockets and bags at the gates. This led to an enormous haul in knifes and bottles and sharpened coins, etc. so the enterprising hooligan had to get creative.

Try this at home - you'll be amazed how good it is. Take a regular newspaper and lay it down flat. Now fold over the long edge by about 2 or 3 inches (6 to 8cm). Now keep rolling that over and over until you've got one long, thick, narrow newspaper. (You can try this with a regular sheet of paper just to get the idea). OK, so now you've got a long, thick roll of newspaper, right? So, now you bend it in half so that the two ends meet. Hold it by the "loose" end so that the folded end sticks out as if you're holding a club. Now feel how hard and solid the whole thing is. Bloody mad, huh!

Originally developed by the nastiest of hooligan crews, the Millwall "supporters", hence, The Millwall Brick. Seriously, if you get hit with one of these it's like getting hit by a short baseball bat.

So, what others can you think of?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Think I'd prefer a real brick meself.

Actually no, they are heavy, difficult to hold and cut your hands...

I'd just use any handy chairs, pencils or midget violinists for weapons, or spare Black Jacks for a shield... ... to paraphrase Fat Freddy's Cat on roaches... 'plenty more where that came from!'.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

There are so many things you can use, almost anything around you - pen, gloves, book, briefcase, glasses, jacket, etc, etc

Vasiliev's video "Improvised Weapons" has plenty of good ideas.
    www.systemauk.com
    "Remember it's not a move, it's just a movement" Vasiliev

Dunno bob, I find videos a bit limiting... OK if you hit someone with them hard enough, they'll break and cut the skin... but otherwise...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Maybe sharpened DVD's would be better....
    www.systemauk.com
    "Remember it's not a move, it's just a movement" Vasiliev

Originally posted by bob10

Maybe sharpened DVD's would be better....
    LOL! Who's da ninja in da house!

Problem I've got with Serpent's original masterplan is just when do you do the origami? If you have to stop and make a lethal bloody paper crane before the fight it's hardly improvised now is it?!

Anyway, back to sharpening my DVDs, just in case...!

"Magazine spike"

take a magazine and hold it as if you were going to read it. Fold the top right corner down to the left side of the magazine. Now take the right side (it should now be on an angle) and roll it to the left, making sure to keep the point pointy.

It won't look or feel sharp enough to work, but it will. I tried it on a cardboard box and got the magazine to go half way in. National Geographic works well.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Banana peels

Stacey Guest
    syringe to compliment snake style

Not trying to state the obvious here.

But for us, why bother trying to improvise a weapon when the two best weapon is already availiable............. Our Body and our mind

In colder climates, large icicles make great weapons.

GDA and i drove around tossing AOL cds at people. They work well and are free almost anywhere.

13. Thumbs up

Definitely banana peels,yes.
    They will land hard...

Related fruits and vegetables can be useful too.

Never forget about ice cream,if properly produced,can be used as an ice pick.

Books.

Gloves?
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

The local hardware store is a gold mine for this sort of thing if you are looking to make improvised weapons.

Some things, carpenters pencil acts as a cheap kubotan, electric cable or phone cords for garrotte and whipping, extra large ball bearings which are good for throwing and fist loads, carabiners make good fistloads, you can get rebar cheap and sharpen it like OSS spikes for stabbing, smashing or throwing, PVC is also real cheap and makes good kubotans, their is also chains, claw hammers, screwdrivers, garden awls and hand rakes, scissors to act like a punch dagger, household chemicals in a a pump bottle, plus standard mag-lites.

A clenched zippo is a easy access fistload and impact weapon. A credit card is good for darting, slashing and pinching if held the right way. If you have blasted your attacker with O.C. spray you can go upside his head with the can using hammerfist strikes.

Tons of stuff.
    Regards

Belt with metal buckle.... wrap around fist and keep the buckle loose for range. Good for striking and whipping at peeps. Can grab loose end for rear choke...
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...