Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improvised Weapons

Was about to say belt
    whipping with the buckle will bust someones face right open.
    But I have a nice heavy 6" piece of steel attached to my keyring, bout as big around as my middle finger, on a nifty keyring that pulls off from the rest of my keys. Makes a great fist pack, the ends both stick about 1" past my hands to knocking pressure points, or holding it by the end makes it like a small club that would easily break skin, esp over the eyes giving a definate advantage. It also works great as a bottle opener if a lighter or real bottle opener isnt available. Or you can open beers if you are wearing a ring......

Originally posted by Mat
    Problem I've got with Serpent's original masterplan is just when do you do the origami? If you have to stop and make a lethal bloody paper crane before the fight it's hardly improvised now is it?!
    You have to remember that this was developed so that you could get past a search and still have a weapon. Walking into a foot yground carrying the paper is hardly dangerous looking. Then, get inside, roll up the paper and keep it handy for when the hooligans start to go off.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

ttt 4 2015

Selfie-defense: Martial arts class teaches tourists how to use selfie sticks as weapons
    Published November 18, 2015 FoxNews.com

A new class shows how to use selfie sticks for self-defense. (Hannah McKay/PA Wire/Press Association via AP Images)

Members of a martial arts class in Moscow are learning the art of "selfie-defense" to beat back criminals who may want to snatch their smartphones while taking pictures at the world’s most popular tourist hotspots.

A class at the M-PROFI martial arts center is aimed at helping tourists fend off criminals by using their selfie sticks.

“Unfortunately very often a selfie stick is the only weapon a tourist has when travelling abroad, and it has the advantage of often being at hand,” spokesperson Daria Lapshina told Yahoo News.

The five-lesson course also includes elements of mixed martial arts and Thai boxing, and organizers say the selfie sticks are perfectly legal to carry onboard planes.

"We teach people to use the handles if the selfie stick has a phone attached, and it is a very effective defensive weapon,” Lapshina said.
    I could see uses for a selfie stick if my phone wasn't attached. But if the phone was attached, it would be like attacking someone with my wallet.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Reviving a classic Gene!
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.