I got a free lesson in Wing Tsun the other day. I liked it, and am considering signing up, but I have some serious questions. Let's see what you guys think.

I go to the gym where they hold class, apparently they rent it two nights a week. Two guys are there, they are the teachers. A father and son. I asked if there were other students, and I was told that they had called in that night. (It was a regular class night, they weren't there especialy for me) O.K... So I got my free lesson. The son was teaching while the father watched. I got the feeling he was teaching his son to teach at the same time the son was teching me to fight.

I learned about chain punches and blocking, mostly. It was quite fun. After the lesson, the son sits down with me and shows me the paperwork. Now I am thinking that this is a scam, there are no other students, they just want my money. But I was wrong. There was no contract. Just a flat 60/month fee, quit any time you feel like it. There was no pressure at all. He explained the basics, and told me to think it over and give him a call.

So what do you think? My theory is maybe there are no other (or very few) students and they didn'y want to scare me off by telling me. They seemed very genuine when I was being taught, and didn't seem at all like they were out for my money. I am tempted to join for a month because I enjoyed the class so much. Wing Tsun seems to be very effective!