Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ving Tsun, Wing Tsun, Wing Chun

all those dumb cats should learn how to write wing chun in chinese characters so that none of the new cats get done confused up in this piece "yo"

Hello william
    You have opened a can worms.
    An un- biased opinion is what you need here.

What other people have said about the spelling, is true. that going from Chinese (actually a number a different dialects of Chinese) to English is rather troublesome.

But as I see it true difference is, the instructor. You see Yip Man only considered himself to be a sifu (not the only un-disputed grandmaster) when he died he never assigned a heir to the system. So after his death, a number of people all claims to be his predecessor.
    The way I see it, since there can only be one grandmaster, each of these men chose a different way to advertise, by spelling and pronunciation of Wingchun from Chinese to English is a simple way justify the differences , Between each other.
    Now Wingchun is an conceptual art. Each person who learns, modifies (or changes) the system according to their understanding of concepts, this to can also explained the vast differences between the arts. It's all in your point of view.
    At least that's my point of view.
    Sincerely. C.A.G.
    C.A.G.