Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FROZEN RATS IN MY Fridge!!

FROZEN RATS IN MY Fridge!!

Ok, Terri, being in the reptile - animal show biz, keeps several large snakes in our house. Infact, one of them was in the show I helped her with last night. Anyway, I wake up this morning, and stumble to the fridge for my morning apples, and some Pineapple for breakfast. What do I find? A bag of "Jumbo" frozen rats thawing in the fridge. It was a horrifing site, there they were dead, frozen, and starrng at me as if they were last nights dinner wondering if it was time to be eaten yet. I of course, being this big powerful martial arts exponent of 14 years experiance, screammed like a little girl

Terri, comes running to see whats wrong with me, and sees the fridge door open, nonsclontly moves the rats over, grabs an apple and askes "What wrong hun?", as she takes a big bite of the apple she just grabbed. All I could say was, "uhhh, I was going to get an apple and"

She proceeds to cut me off and move the rats, grab an apple and toss it to me with this perplexed look on her face like I'm nutts or something, saying some thing like "what? is that all? there's apples under the rats", still not realising I was freaking about there being 12 dead, frozen "Jumbo" sized Rats thawing in my fridge (Yes, the bag says "12 Jumbo sized Rats" in big black letters on a white label).

Seriously, who does that? I mean, it's the FRIDGE for God
    Sake!! I talked to her about it right after, and she's like "But they are in a plastic bag hun, what's the big deal, I'm not feeding them to you, am I?" My response was I mean, what else could I say? Where did she get them from, like that anyway? What store sells Jumbo sized frozen rats packed by the dozen anyway? It's completely weird!!!

Any thoughts guys?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

You get them from pet stores and distributors. You can get blocks of pinkies, too. Snakes have to eat, too. Whats the big deal??
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Thumbs up

I can only say that I have respect forherpetoculture but keeping fluffy rodents myself,I find the idea of feeding them (to- ) difficult.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

See, normally, she gets them live, and just drops them in the cages. I don't see them in the fridge, but I guess she got a good deal on frozen ones or something. The big show snakes get rabbits dropped live into thier cages. To me it's horrifing to watch, but Terri, and my daughter seem to think nothing of it whatsoever.

I have on occasion opened the freazer to find frozen turtles or small lizards in there, becasue they died in the cages, and Terri stores them so she can have them autopsied, but I have never opened the fridge and seen a dozen overgrown rats sitting on top of my apple bowl before. I'm traumatised for life I tell Ya!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Nearly all of my siblings attended medical school or vetinary school in some form or another. Growing up, there might be rats, cats, or dogs in the freezer, sometimes in both freezers. I can relate to your plight. So, were they good?

Well, I'm not sure. the hamburgers she grilled for me were good, and several of the rats are now missing. I'm sure that's not significant though

For the Women:

+ = & a

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

ratcicles

I'd be more upset if there were unfrozen rats in my freezer. Repairs are expensive!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Quit crying and enjoy the protein.

LoL!!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Well, american freeze banana on refrigerator to play with penetration self game
    Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

Rodents like possum and rat are full of protein, and taste better than other things, like rabbit, IMO. Next time, don't complain, just eat up.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

7*- you have eaten rat before?

RD is a big girl.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Gee, thanks. I supse you have rats in your fridge every night ehy?

For the Women:

+ = & a