Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Temple greetings

Kung Lek Guest
    Hi all, welcome Heming.

May I ask what you will specialize in while training at Shaolin?
    I mean, system wise, is there a particular offering that suits you best?

Also, do you study in the temple proper or are you in the outside schools?

I am also curious about the state of Kung Fu/Wu Shu at the temple and am curious of the modern curricullum and what is involved,
    if it is not too much to ask could you give us a synopsis of the offerings at Shaolin.

I currently am an instructor of Shaolin Kung Fu.
    I am under tutalage of a master and am allowed to instruct in his kwoon under his direction.
    Our school offers Northern and Southern Shaolin styles as well as Original Five Animals (Hay Say Fu Hong Pai), Ching Lung Pa Kua Chang and Lion dance.

The Northen system is Tams style Bak Sil Lum and the Southern is Hak Fu Pai (very similar in flavour to fu jow Pai and Hung Ga).

I am looking for ward to hearing from you.
    If you would like more information on our school and its offerings please check my profile and the schools online information site link is available there.

Peace

------------------
    Kung Lek

Wongsifu Guest
    Hello hemming its nice to know we have somebody who is in shaolin temple with us.
    By the way there is no need to called me master wongsifu. I am just a student not even good at that. Wong sifu is just the name i use.
    If i came to the temple and stayed there for a month or so would the monks teach me drunken style ? or the basics of it ??

benny Guest
    i cant believe that we can actually talk to a shoalin monk no matter what anyone says we all just like to joke around but can you tell me how long you train each day

Heming Guest
    Dear Eight_Triagram_Boxer,
    Xiao Hong Quan and Da Hong Quan of Shaolin Temple are not the same "Hong" of Hong Family System,
    but means "Grand", and Hong Jia means "A family surnamed HONG", that's not the same,
    dear friend.

Xiao Hong Quan --- Small Grand Form
    Da Hong Quan --- Great Grand Form
    Hong Kong --- Fragrant Port
    hahahah!!!

Dear J,
    Nothing can be completely destroyed...it was just a fire set by the warlord Shi You San in 1928,
    at present there are still many antiques of Shaolin remained...the stone lions at the front gate
    offered by emperor, the fresco in White robe hall painted 200 years ago...the "Shaolin Temple" board
    written by the Emperor 300 more years ago...all the stone monuments in the Bamboo Court...
    the same as Shaolin traditional kung fu and warrior monk masters, what the fire can burn is the books and
    sutras and the buildings, but not the kung fu existed in Shaolin for thousands years...
    of course the old generation masters in the temple are very young in 1928, but Shaolin Temple was not a
    kindergarten that time, don't you think the kung fu will be pass down by old masters that time?
    many times in the history kung fu was been banned and claimed illegal to train in the temple,
    but nothing can kill the martial spirit of Shaolin, and I wish all of us can do our best to prompt Shaolin
    kung fu and make it exist and spread forever.

Laughing Tiger,
    Yes, Praying Mantis is taught in Shaolin, two of the most famous ten Shaolin forms are Shaolin Praying Mantis and
    Shaolin Seven Star Praying Mantis...I don't know where in "another province" you can study Shaolin Mantis,
    but if you know, I would like to check it for you...keep writing.

Dear Nick-Wu,
    Thanks for your warm words, Master Shi De Yang said when we had lunch yesterday with Richard Russell and Fabien Sena,
    he said there are many people thought Shaolin Temple doen't accept students, that's wrong, Shaolin Temple do
    accept student, and if Shaolin Temple don't accept student, he will accept students...hehehehe...you are welcome to visit
    us or study with us and nothing can not be achieved, dear friend.

Dear KJoker,
    I am so glad that you love our web site, we need develop it very soon...
    Yes. the training here in Shaolin is very hard, but...if the 7 years kid can afford it, why can't you?
    if all of other Chinese students can do, I think just overcome your fear in the heart and the burden of the
    body, you can release yourself throught the tough training and realize a new self...
    wish you all the very best!

Dear MoQ and rogue,
    Tae Kwan Do is training here not in the temple and in the schools around the Shaolin villige,
    of course kung fu is not brought to the temple by Koreans...the purpose to train it here is for participate the
    International Tae Kwan Do competetion. Master Shi De Yang said he wish to learn all styles kung fu in the world but
    he never have time and chance...we should open our eyes and not only sitting in the bottom of a well and think we
    are always the best, am I right my friends?

Heming from Shaolin Secular Disciple's Union http://www.topcities.com/Arts/heming/index.htm

Heming Guest
    Dear friend Wongsifu (Master Wong, hahaha) and Benny,
    We train here 7 to 8 hours a day in Shaolin, and if you wish to study drunken style here
    or just the basic, of course you can, I would like to introduce you to the master and
    let him to teach you. Master will be happy to have more students who love Shaolin Kung Fu
    and willing to improve themselves.

Heming, Shaolin Temple

Heming Guest
    Dear Kung Lek,

I am a disciple of Master Shi Heng Jun and Shi De Yang, I am studying a lot from my masters and mainly I specialized in the traditional forms of Shaolin Temple and Qi Gong (Chi Kung).
    Both masters have their own training schools near Shaolin Temple and at present I am training in Master Heng Jun's school.
    there are hundreds of students like me wish to study kung fu in the temple and then masters opened a school for us...

The synopsis is practising here in the school, for those kung fu students studying here normal for 3 years.
    but we are disciples studying only with masters, so we don't have a schedule since masters have too much to teach and
    guess we should spend our life here to learn them all, hehehe...

I am sorry that I don't understand what is Original Five Animals (Hay Say Fu Hong Pai), Ching Lung Pa Kua Chang and Lion dance.
    do you mean that the original five animals is the one we called Wu Xin Ba Fa (Five animal styles eight movements) or it is the Wu Xing Quan, the Five animal form? (Dragon, Tiger, Crane, Snake and Lepord).We never have Lion Dance in the history of Shaolin temple,is your master from Hong Kong or Canton province?

Bak Sil Lum is definitely Cantonese pronoucitation of "North Shaolin" by the way...
    sure I would like to learn more from you and your school, or may if one day we can meet it will be excellent, we can compare our styles and learn from each other face to face then.

Thanks for your message and I wish to hear from you more, dear friend!

Many greetings!
    Heming, Shaolin Temple

Eight_Triagram_Boxer Guest
    Thanks for the response Heming...but you did not answer my question at all! All you did was reiterate what I had already said. I know that Hong Quan and Hong Jia are not the same...there was no reason to state that...if you go back and re-read my post you'll see that I am asking if there are any other forms in the Hong Quan series other than Dah Hong Quan and Xiao Hong Quan....

Heming Guest
    Eight_Triagram_Boxer:
    There is no "Hong Quan series" in Shaolin, since Da Hong Quan and Xiao Hong Quan are totally different two forms, and except these two "Hong" forms, in Shaolin there is no other forms called " something Hong something".

Heming
    heming@shaolintemple.zzn.com

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Why do Shaolin Buddhist monks stay inside the temple instead of going forth into the world?

I am not talking about going on forays to spread Shaolin knowledge; I'm talking about applying the Shaolin knowledge to mundane living on an everyday basis OUTSIDE the temple.

Heming Guest
    Dear HuangKaiVun,

As a secular disciple of my Shaolin master, I wish to do something for our master and Shaolin Temple as well...

As a temple, Shaolin is master's home, and the place for them to practise Buddhism and training kung fu...they stay in the temple is just because that they don't want to leave their home... but actually some of the masters from Shaolin already went out of the temple and became secular people again,but to me, they are still my respectful Shaolin masters.

grasshopper Guest
    Heming,
    Do you know of Grandmaster Sin Kwang The'
    and how would you compare what he teaches here to what is taught there,besides the obvious difference in time spent studying?

Heming Guest
    Dear Grasshopper,

You mean Shaolin Do people?
    I talked with many masters who know their background and here I refuse to compare Shaolin with these people.

Heming, Shaolin Temple

laughing tiger Guest
    Heming, you did it again (laughing, as usual). You are funny! How is Shaolin's new Abbot doing? Is his health well? I am sure he has so much to do. What is Shi Heng Jun's favorite styles or forms? :-) keep laughing!

KJoker Guest
    hi Heming,

ah developing the website? cool!

Question about the Dragon Form II. The pictures and the text instructions are somewhat different. For example on the text instruction it said to create a right forward lunge...but on the picture...it's a left forward lunge. So just follow the text, right?

Let me know if you need help on the website. I'm a web developer. Would be glad to help in any way.

grasshopper Guest
    Heming,
    I don't understand your reply.please e-mail me at revnwo@hotmail.com and explain.good or bad I'm very interested in your input. peace be unto you, rev.Bill