Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Kung Fu Only

Heming Guest

Shaolin Kung Fu Only

Here I open this new topic and let us talk about Shaolin Kung Fu you learnt, for exchange information and knowledge only...
    later when I have more free time I will put some photos and kung fu theroies here to thanks all who supporting Shaolin kung fu and we secular disciples of Shaolin Temple.

soon I will translate the five animal form of my master's teaching into English and post it little by little here first...

Best wishes!

------------------
    Heming
    Shaolin Secular Disciple's Union,
    Shaolin Temple, Mt.Song, Henan 452491, P.R.China
    Tel: +86(371)2749172
    Fax: +1(212)98143
    ICQ#: 17145752
    Email: heming@shaolintemple.zzn.com
    http://www.topcities.com/Arts/heming/index.htm
    http://shaolintemple.yeah.net

huineng Guest
    Hello Hemming,

I study chang chuan and tong long chuan. What is your favorite style of kung fu?

TongLongPai Guest
    I learned Xiao Hong Chuan(Little Red Fist)
    also DaMo Yi Jin Jing

------------------
    Omitoufo,
    TLP

Wongsifu Guest
    My favourite would have to be zui chuan or drunken but I havent learnt it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Hopefully i will though

bamboo_ leaf Guest
    plum flower mantis / 7-star mantis, also yang style Tai-Chi.

Lived and worked in South East asia for awhile. waiting to return.

Don't mind some of the post here, I find them strange, It's funny in Thailand a place that I lived and worked for awhile, they really respect CMA. Althou CMA people don't compet in the Thai rings. Many pratice in the parks around Bangkok.

------------------
    enjoy life

bamboo leaf

HuangKaiVun Guest
    I would like to post the essentials I learned on my own from the solo practice and combat usage of Kuo Yuo Cheong's Northern Shaolin:

The Basic Arm Motions:
    1. Breast stroke
    2. Butterfly stroke
    3. Doggie Paddle

The Basic Hand Postures
    1. Open palm
    2. Closed palm (fist)
    3. Transitional palm (open to closed)

The Basic Foot Motions:
    1. Pivoting (heel or toe)
    2. Forward/Back Stepping (heel or toe)
    3. Side Stepping (heel or toe)

The Basic Steps:
    1. Walking
    2. Hopping
    3. Skipping
    4. Spinning

The Basic Weapons
    1. Hard weapons (short and long)
    2. Flexible weapons (short and long)

Usage of the Basic Weapons
    1. Jab with point
    2. Parry/attack with shaft
    3. Wrap up (flexible weapons)

The Basic Goals of Combat:
    1. Overpower
    2. Evade

Eight_Triagram_Boxer Guest
    Bamboo Leaf...
    I am planning on moving to Thailand and stay there for some time. I was always so concerned about whether or not there are any CMA over there. Your post has given me so new hope. What styles are taught or practiced over there?
    EH, I have a lot of questions...
    maybe it would be better if you e-mailed me.
    BaGuaBoxer@aol.com
    Thanks a lot.

bamboo_ leaf Guest
    Most of the CMA that I saw are in Bangkok, they play in a park called Lumpinee park, please excuse the spelling. Any way they play in the mournings as it gets hot around noon.

style wise lots of differnt interneale arts some long fist and some hung styles are taught there are probbly more, Bangkok has a china town that might be a good place to look, I played in the park. There is even a Thai kung fu Federation. Nice place, people are very frindly. Many of the teachers are from PRC, so they may be able to speak Thai but not much english. As I said they train in the morunings Sat or Sunday is the best time to catch them. Also if your cup is full, you may find your self ignored.

I'll send you an e-mail later. Very nice place to live, kinda hot though.

------------------
    enjoy life

bamboo leaf

Shaolin Master Guest

Styles

Here Have Fun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Fujian Shaolin : Yi Jr Mei Quan, Yuen Zhong Quan, Xi Nu Lohan Quan, Hou Xing Lohan Quan, Wu Xing Quan, Shi Xing Quan, Yong Chwun Bai He Quan, Fei Lien De Lohan Quan....etc
    Songshan Shaolin : Xiao Hong Quan, Da Hong Quan,Pou Quan, Chang Quan (Liang Yi Chuan's), Chang Hu Xin Yi Men Quan, Tong Bi Quan, Lohan Quan, Wu Zi QUan......etc
    Traditional MAs : Hung Jia Quan, Li Jia Quan, Mo Jia Quan, Chu jia Quan, Liu Jia Quan, Wu Xing Quan, Wu Zhu Quan, Bai Mei Quan, Long Xing Quan, Fo Jia Quan, Tsai li For Quan, Liu He Men Quan , Zha Quan, Long Xing Quan, Chi Xing Tanglang Quan, Liuhe tanglang quan, Bai Hu Quan, Xia Jia Quan, Yue Jia Quan, Hua Quan, Hua (Flower) Quan, BaJiQuan, Pikuazhang, TongbeiQuan, Mizhongquan.......etc
    Internal MAs : Yin Fu's Bagua Zhang, Tian's Yin Yang Baguazhang, Wudang Taiqiquan, Chen Shi Taijiquan, Xing Yi Quan, ..........etc

Shi Chan Long

Yi jie sui yuen 'All follows Destiny'

Kung Lek Guest

hi Hemming

Hi Hemming, how are things at the Temple?

I study and Practice, Bak Sil Lum (Ku Yu Cheong lineage), Sil Lum Black Tiger (Toisan District), and Four Lower Tigers Red Clan (Ha Say Fu Hong Pai) a.k.a Original Five animals, also Toisan district.

Southern "tastes" different than Northern in form and application.

hi to all the people at Shaolin Temple!
    peace

Kung Lek

Shaolin Master Guest

Heming

Anyway so what you really want to talk about Heming. Also, your teachers 5 animals is it the 5 animals 8 methods which is related to the Da Jing Gang system and was established separate to the songshan shaolin temple, is it the 5 animals fist of shaolin which is an internal (Qigong) system. Please explain for us to understand.

Kung Lek :
    Is there a lot of skill training in your Hay Say Fu, For example in tiger style the training of the wrist forearm and grappling for crushing. In Snake Chi development and Special Types of Jing Fa. In Crane Lightness Skill etc... Rather than movements is the application unique not in techniques but in skill. This is true Wu Xing Quan. Hay Say Fu is related to what we know as Fujian Shaolin Wu Xing Quan, This style contains a cross set, Small 5 animals set, Individual Animal sets (Very similar to Hay Say Fu) and a Large animals set.

Ou mi Tou Fo

Shi Chan Long

'In seeking the truth Buddha pointed to the single thought'

Happiness to all

DrunkenMonkey Guest

Hi Hemming

Bac Fu Do

Underaged Drunken Monkey

Kung Lek Guest

Ha Say Fu Hong Pai - skill training

Hi-

SM, i'm not 100% sure of what you mean by "skill" training.
    If you are refering to the "focus and intent" of each animal set, then yes, different aspects of physicality, mentality, chi flow, issuing power and so on are dealt with in differnet ways by each Kuen.

The Tiger, Leopard and Crane sets are considered "external" inasmuch as the each develop a different aspect of the whole in the practitioner. Tiger set for Bone,Tendon, Power etc, Crane for Balance, sinew, tendon etc, Leopard for Speed, Heart etc, then Snake and Dragon are considered to be "internal" sets where there is much more emphasis on the spine, relaxedness, good chi flow, Fa Jing, etc.

Each of the Animals has its own set, With the Dragon Set being the largest of the 5 (comprised of over 600 motions!). Dragon is the pinnacle of the system as is true with much of the Kung Fu systems wherein the most complete practitioners will do dragon as an expression of Kung Fu skill and ability at its finest!

Of course, there are so many other points about this system that I haven't even scratched the surface regarding the depth of the system.

It is in my experience a most excellent system.

BTW, I have been a practitioner of Shaolin black Tiger(Toisan District) and North Shaolin (Ku yu Cheong lineage) for approximately 6 years before even starting with Ha Say Fu Hong Pai, so that is indicative of the prerequisite skills before beginning the Original Five animals style.

peace

Kung Lek

shimera Guest
    hmmm my teachers teach 12 animals. dragon being the top of the food chain.

but what i want to ask about it, what you guys do for physical training, not just practicing your forms.
    i mean do you jog, lift weights, swim etc etc etc?????

just wondering what you guys do to get your endurence up.

me personally i jog, 3 miles a day. and lift wieghts for an hour or so.

lately though i've been down with a sinus infection that has cut down on my running.

sct82abn Guest

good topic

i study five animals shaolin kung fu,i could never find anyone who studied it,now i realize that maybe everyone uses different names for it.

could anyone tell me the various names for the five animals style and who(among you guys)study it.