Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Shaolin Do detractors

Exclamation To all the Shaolin Do detractors

I stumbled onto these forums late last night and was surprised by what I have seen here. Surprise turned to anger and resulted in very little sleep for me.

A few of you have chosen to disrespect a man and an art that has been dear to me for 19 years. That cut deeply, very deeply. Your words were needles into my heart. I am trying not to allow your rude behavior reflect on my opinion of your particular schools, but you have insulted my family. I started training with Master Bob Green when I was 10 years old and have always admired the deep respect and love he shows to his teacher, Grandmaster Sin. I have had several family members and members of my church study with us over the years. Shaolin Do has been my life. Congratulations, you have succeeded in insulting my grandmaster, my teacher, my family, my art, and myself.

You say our art is not a true art, that it is made up junk. Funny, your words seem hollow when I think back to my training. When I was going through 3 hour conditioning classes with 50+ lbs strapped to me, hanging upside down doing situps while my teacher stood by with a stick to correct me if needed, your words seem hollow. When I am standing outside in the dark, late at night, practicing Tai Chi, Pau Qua, and Hsing I ... feeling chi course through my body, your words seem hollow. When I have had the misfortune to use my art in real confrontations, your words seem hollow. When I am rolling iron bars up my shins in pure agony for iron body training, your words seem hollow. When I am bouncing off the floor practicing levitational breathing (Hou tien chi), your words seem hollow. When I do basically anything in my art, from animal forms to drunken forms, weapons or conditioning, to pressure point manipulation, your words definitely seem hollow. Your words seem as hollow as the character you have expressed on these boards.

So bring the flames they will only solidify my opinions of you.
    Last edited by themeecer; 10-02-2003 at 09:54 AM.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

...Levitational training..?!

WWBLD?
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

I thought he was joking until I saw his homepage.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Stacey Guest
    good.. you got some exercise and basic chi kung. But your system is at best, bad kempo.

> Congratulations, you have succeeded in insulting my grandmaster, my teacher, my family, my art, and myself.

No, not yet I haven't. In reverse order:

You're ugly and ya mama dresses you funny.

Shaolin do is ugly and it's mama dresses it funny.

Ya family is ugly and they mama dresses 'em funny

Bob Green is ugly and his mama dresses him funny.

Sin The is ugly and his mama dresses him funny.

Ahhhh! Mission accomplished!

(Thin skinned much?)
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Some people take this whole Martial Art thing way too seriously.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Stacey Guest
    After dedicated kung fu training, he loses sleep over the fact that everyone in the kung fu world thinks his Master is teaching junk?

If it really didn't bother him, why lose sleep? people have badmouthed my teachers on here. So what? A lot of people get bad mouthed, the difference is that everyone picks on shaolin do.

Its right up there with ashidakim....

If it's a true art then why haven't we seen it win in the UFC?

Originally posted by Stacey
    After dedicated kung fu training, he loses sleep over the fact that everyone in the kung fu world thinks his Master is teaching junk?

Stacey, do you think you represent "everyone in the kung fu world?"

He shouldn't lose sleep over everyone's opinions here. I don't and you don't. This forum allows people to express whatever opinions you have and if you don't agree who cares?

themeecer: If you are happy with your training then go in peace. If your offended by anonymous opinions then don't read this forum. It's full of trolls. If you feel legitimately wronged and feel you can back it up then issue a challenge.

I have diligently defended SD, as I know it, on these forums. I have represented myself, my teachers, my style and GM Sin with honesty and respect. People are going to cast stones my way. I don't care. I want to learn about their styles and I want to understand why they feel so strongly about SD. Maybe some people will feel differently about SD maybe they won't. At least some people here, even though we disagree, disagree with respect. Fine. Others are flaming trolls that do not deserve the time of day.

You practice the same art that I do and you feel passionately about it. For that, I have your back. Having said that you will be more effective in making your points if you keep a calm head about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by ewallace
    If it's a true art then why haven't we seen it win in the UFC?

How many CMA styles have won the UFC?
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Until a CMArtist wins, no real CMA will appear in the UFC.

................levitational training?!...............................

Originally posted by chen zhen
    ................levitational training?!...............................

He said levitational breathing not training. I'm thinking there is a difference. Honestly, I haven't heard of that in SD.