Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Shaolin Do detractors

If, by levitational training, he means sitting in the lotus position and 'hopping' across a mat to try to achieve levitation, then I have absolutely no reason to listen to anything else he says.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

he said he tried to bounce off the floor while training in his first message. so JP, I was right.

Originally posted by chen zhen
    he said he bounced off the floor in his first message. so JP, I was right.
    I bounce off the floor sometimes too, but I wasn't levitating before I did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Did he say "death touch"?

I thought levitational training involved sitting in lotus position for a couple of hours after eating chili dogs.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

When I am bouncing off the floor practicing levitational breathing, your words seem hollow.
    this was what he actually said. And JP, I edited my message afterwards, too.

Originally posted by Waidan
    Did he say "death touch"?
    A swift kick to the temple would constitute a death touch wouldn't it? How about a Hsing-I strike to the heart? These things can be a death touch.

If he means lighlty placing his hand on someone else's body and they fall over dead, then I don't know what he is referring to. SD does teach pressure points in its chin na application. Whether some of these have lethal applications I don't know because I never trained much in that area.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by Judge Pen

You practice the same art that I do and you feel passionately about it. For that, I have your back. Having said that you will be more effective in making your points if you keep a calm head about everything.
    Cheers friend. Awesome name by the way. Are you SD or Central Shaolin?

I felt I did have a calm head, you should have seen what I edited.

My biggest problem is that I would never disrespect another school and am confounded why others would. At a recent tournament I attended I cheered for the other Kung Fu schools. Also I watched a very good traditional Karate student compete in kata competition and later praised him on his martial spirit.

He said levitational breathing not training. I'm thinking there is a difference. Honestly, I haven't heard of that in SD.
    Yes levitation would involve my other skills as a magician. I was speaking of Hou Tien Chi training, which I am sure you are aware of. For the others, it shouldn't be too hard to research on the web. I used the term "levitational breathing" because that is what I have seen it most referred as.

Originally posted by Judge Pen

If he means lighlty placing his hand on someone else's body and they fall over dead, then I don't know what he is referring to. SD does teach pressure points in its chin na application. Whether some of these have lethal applications I don't know because I never trained much in that area.
    Actually those could be some applications but I prefer the less lethal ones. For example, ones used to knock people out by sharp taps to the arm or other areas. Anything else I will PM you about sometime if you like.

Originally posted by themeecer

Cheers friend. Awesome name by the way. Are you SD or Central Shaolin?

I felt I did have a calm head, you should have seen what I edited.

My biggest problem is that I would never disrespect another school and am confounded why others would. At a recent tournament I attended I cheered for the other Kung Fu schools. Also I watched a very good traditional Karate student compete in kata competition and later praised him on his martial spirit.

Yes levitation would involve my other skills as a magician. I was speaking of Hou Tien Chi training, which I am sure you are aware of. For the others, it shouldn't be too hard to research on the web. I used the term "levitational breathing" because that is what I have seen it most referred as.
    I'm SD. A student of Master Mullins. Same rank as you.

As for why people disrespect other styles here: That's the beauty of anonymity. People can say whatever they want here with little chance of actually having to back it up. There are some honorable martial artisits on this site. Even some that have real problems with SD. The simply express an opinion from a position of respect.

I know Shien Tien Chi training, but that doesn't involve levitation. I don't know of any SD training that involves levitation. A big part of the problem most people have with SD is that some students make outrageous claims of skill. Honestly, that's how your message came across.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    If, by levitational training, he means sitting in the lotus position and 'hopping' across a mat to try to achieve levitation, then I have absolutely no reason to listen to anything else he says.
    Good, then leave.

I am not trying to achieve "levitation," it is a practice of chi development. I will not be guilty of throwing pearls to swines so I will cut it at that.

I thought levitational training involved sitting in lotus position for a couple of hours after eating chili dogs.
    Actually I was a master at this many years ago. The force is strong in me. Your wimpy skills are no match for my butt fu. The sound of my kiai is enough to make small children cower in fear and don gas masks. *cheers*

big part of the problem most people have with SD is that some students make outrageous claims of skill.
    I would say that the majority of the people here disrespect Shaolin-Do because of what it's Grandmaster says, not because of his students' actions.

Good, then leave.
    I was here first, so if I leave, I'm taking my ball with me.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by Shuul Vis
    Here are some shaolin-do sparring clips.

http://www.shaolincenter.com/video/a...fi_noaudio.avi

http://www.shaolincenter.com/video/a...ha_noaudio.avi
    The sparring clip of the two girls was infinatley better than "Ba Gua" fighter a couple of weeks ago. The brunette kept he hands up and covered very well.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    I would say that the majority of the people here disrespect Shaolin-Do because of what it's Grandmaster says, not because of his students' actions.
    You are right. That is the largest source of the animosity here, but I've always know GM Sin to be a very humble and respectful man.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 09-03-2003 at 01:51 PM.