Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Shaolin Do detractors

The sparring clip of the two girls was infinatley better than "Ba Gua" fighter a couple of weeks ago. The brunette kept he hands up and covered very well.
    It's easy to look good when you know you aren't going to get hit. Besides, the other girl drops her hands every time she kicks, which is an invitation for a nose job.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by Judge Pen

I'm SD. A student of Master Mullins. Same rank as you.

As for why people disrespect other styles here: That's the beauty of anonymity. People can say whatever they want here with little chance of actually having to back it up. There are some honorable martial artisits on this site. Even some that have real problems with SD. The simply express an opinion from a position of respect.

I know Shien Tien Chi training, but that doesn't involve levitation. I don't know of any SD training that involves levitation. A big part of the problem most people have with SD is that some students make outrageous claims of skill. Honestly, that's how your message came across.
    Master Mullins? I love that guy. I wish some of these detractors could see him in action.

If you know Shien Tien Chi training then you know Hou Tien Chi ... it is the precurser. You even said you bounced. I never claimed to "levitate" I just used a term that I thought would be understood.

Yep. Back to that iron face training!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

The interesting point is that most people talking about GM Sin have never met him. I still believe you should take nothing on faith. What I believe I believe from experience within the system and in meeting GM Sin. But I do not expect anyone to share my views without having shared my experiences.

On the other hand I think we are all bored at work and nothing gets things going like a good ol' SD debate.

Oh brother....
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I remember quite some time ago, a SD school put a bunch of their forms up on te web. I looked at all of them. In all honesty, NONE of those sets were even remotely represeative of the styles claimed. Take the "Mantis" form for example, it looked like a Shotokan Karate kata with some mantis claww techniques just thrown in randomly for good measure. It had none of the flow, power generation, body structure or even general spirit of authentic Preying mantis kung fu. It wasn't even bad mantis, it plain out wasnt mantis at all. Don't get me wrong, the performer looked good and all, and was ovbiously well practiced at what he was doing, but does that make it Preying mantis? Nope, it does not.

I have been following this SD thing for years now, and I hace come to one conclusion, SD is fantisy fu for the genral public. It's not Karrate, it's not Kempo, and it's certianly not Kung Fu in any way shape or form. Heck, the words "Shaolin Do" are not even gramatically correct.

Shaolin Do is it's own beast, period. I believe it was created by Sin The himself, and is a hodge podged collection of his personal studies, combined with whatever books he's got in his library. It would be more accurrate to call it "Sin The' Fu" than anything else, because THAT is what it is. It's the original Mc kwoon, dojo.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

The interesting point is that most people talking about GM Sin have never met him. I still believe you should take nothing on faith. What I believe I believe from experience within the system and in meeting GM Sin. But I do not expect anyone to share my views without having shared my experiences.

What are your feelings on his book?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Thumbs up

McDojos are fun but the 'students' from it can be a bit ignorant and naive. This thread made me come to the decision to find a mcdojo this summer, enter it and kick naive *****s like these to a coma

Thank You themeecer for giving me inspiration.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

"Shaolin Do is it's own beast, period. I believe it was created by Sin The himself, and is a hodge podged collection of his personal studies, combined with whatever books he's got in his library. It would be more accurrate to call it "Sin The' Fu" than anything else, because THAT is what it is. It's the original Mc kwoon, dojo."

This seems pretty likely to me. And if Sin The makes it work for him and is able to teach other folks to be effective fighters with it, I don't see any problem with it. It's the question of calling it Shaolin that gets folks most het up, I think. Well, that and the gigantic plethora of forms, which seems to indicate a lack of focus.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

When I am bouncing off the floor practicing levitational breathing, your words seem hollow. When I do basically anything in my art, from animal forms to drunken forms, weapons or conditioning, to death touch, your words definitely seem hollow.

For example, ones used to knock people out by sharp taps to the arm or other areas. Anything else I will PM you about sometime if you like.
    lol
    death touch, by name understandably, can you describe the training behind tapping someones arm and knocking them out. I know there are pressure points in the arm, but still, knock outs....

You did say bouncing off the floor practicing levitational breathing.... expect some critics for this, as it does sound like you are "bouncing" not jumping or anything else... and "levitating."
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Yeah, it's defenetly the claim of being the one and only shaolin school that gets people so riled up for sure. If Sin The did like I do, and honestly say what he teaches is his personal journy through the arts and is made up of stuff he learned form many different sources, including the text books and manuals he's researched, I don't think anyone would have all that much of a problem with him. It's the fact that he has to make himself out to be the only keeper of the original, and only art that peeves people. It's like saying "Nana nana nanaaaaaa, I've got the only true, right correct arrrrtttt and you got nuuuti'nnnnnnnnn!". That just p.isses people off to no end, especially those who actually DO have one of the many legit authentic transmissions and Sin The is obviously just making his own thing up as he goes along.

His claims are arrogant, and insuting to all of us.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

shaolin do is responsible for the deaths of countless innocents.

ever since shaolin do started women and children have been dying all over the world.
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    McDojos are fun but the 'students' from it can be a bit ignorant and naive. This thread made me come to the decision to find a mcdojo this summer, enter it and kick naive *****s like these to a coma

Thank You themeecer for giving me inspiration.
    There's a school in Knoxville if you ever get up this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

"shaolin do is responsible for the deaths of countless innocents.
    ever since shaolin do started women and children have been dying all over the world."

Cool, less idiots

"There's a school in Knoxville if you ever get up this way"

Good I'll check it out next time I'm in the area..

Masterkiller-
    I liked the book.

GDA-
    Shaolin-Do is also responsible for countless hours of lost work time. Only Ashida Kim and MMA vs TMA have resulted in more hours of pointless debate at the expense of the American Economy.