Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Shaolin Do detractors

Masterkiller-
    I liked the book.
    I liked Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, but I didn't believe a word of it.

Do you believe everything he says in that book?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Thumbs up

Shaolin-Do is also responsible for countless hours of lost work time. Only Ashida Kim and MMA vs TMA have resulted in more hours of pointless debate at the expense of the American Economy.
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by Judge Pen

There's a school in Knoxville if you ever get up this way.
    Wait wait .. he has to come by Somerset first.

lol
    death touch, by name understandably, can you describe the training behind tapping someones arm and knocking them out. I know there are pressure points in the arm, but still, knock outs....

You did say bouncing off the floor practicing levitational breathing.... expect some critics for this, as it does sound like you are "bouncing" not jumping or anything else... and "levitating."
    No, I won't describe the training. I have a very very minor knowledge of these skills. Just enough to know that they are real. And yes there are knock outs among many other things, I am surprised you haven't been exposed to this.

About all I will say about the levitational breathing, is that we are not consciously "jumping." It almost resembles an epileptic fit. It is an exhilarating experience. If you ever get a chance to take these types of classes, jump in with both feet. No pun intended.

I believe that he believes it. I believe the Iron Bone training because I have done it. I believe GM Sin, because I trust him.

Originally posted by themeecer

Master Mullins? I love that guy. I wish some of these detractors could see him in action.

There's an open tournament in November in Johnson City Tennessee. All styles. Master Mullins does the demo at night. Sin The has been there the last two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

"Wait wait .. he has to come by Somerset first"

wait.. really wait, there's a school in stockholm that you could visit..

I wasn't even talkin about your dog praising cult, I was talkin about visiting some mcdojos around my city (wich if you havn't noticed is located in a different country than yours) and have some fun. If I ever decided to go to the us, I would visit your club n have a go.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I don't believe anything that comes from Sin The, because I have seen his falsehoods.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

This End the Debate..., January 21, 2003
    Reviewer: A reader from Lexington, KY
    To all the skeptics out there, did you know Grandmaster The has a statue at the Shaolin temple? Put up by the Abbot as his recognition of Grandmaster The's authenticity? Did you know the older monks at Shaolin stand in awe and amazement as Shaolin-do students perform fighting forms they haven't seen in years? Did you know that Shaolin-do has stone tablets at most of the Shaolin temples in China? Would they let a Tae Kwon Do guy show up out of no where and put up a statue or tablet outside their temple doors? Do you think they would do these things lightly? ENOUGH SAID. Buy the book, folks, you may learn something...
    _

Is this true? I am not saying anything..but can any of these claims be verified? Gene Ching Please get on here and tell me if you have seen evidence of this at Shaolin.
    -Golden Arms-

He has a plaque, not a statue, for which he paid $2000, just like a lot of other schools.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

The tablet was put up as a gift to GM Sin by the Soards. They paid their "donation" and the tablet was put up. I don't think the abbott decreed the tablet should go up, although he did meet GM Sin. And from what I understand, yes Tae Kwon Do schools and some Corporations have tablets as well.

even if it's true.. SO WHAT? The Shaolin Temple is not a temple. It's not a source for martial arts anymore. It has nothing to do with traditional martial art. It's a tourist attraction, at best
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

It's a tourist attraction, at best
    That's just what George Bush wants you to believe. If the media wasn't controlled by the Republican Christian Crusaders, you would see otherwise...

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    "Wait wait .. he has to come by Somerset first"

wait.. really wait, there's a school in stockholm that you could visit..

I wasn't even talkin about your dog praising cult, I was talkin about visiting some mcdojos around my city (wich if you havn't noticed is located in a different country than yours) and have some fun. If I ever decided to go to the us, I would visit your club n have a go.
    Dam. I though you just sort of walked the earth. You know like that guy in "Kung Fu."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

""That's just what George Bush wants you to believe. If the media wasn't controlled by the Republican Christian Crusaders, you would see otherwise...""

I don't live in your ****ing country! But yeah Bush is my president, and what the hey, I'll visit Noxville and Sumerset next week.. Why the **** not?

Well, I think it's more than a mear tourist atraction. Some Great Kung Fu goes on there, and great modern Whu Shu does too.

And yes, I have heard of TKD schools having plaques at Shaolin too. A plaque at Shaolin does not denotate authenticity, it denotates contrabution to Shaolin, usually a monatary one. I could have a Royal Dragon Kung Fu plaque put up there if I wanted to fork out $2000 US just like anyone else. If I did, would my Kung Fu could be considred more legit than it is now? Nope, I would just be recognised for helping to fund the Temple, that's all.

Besides, I think there is already a plaque in honor of Sung Tai Tzu there anyway. He died in 978 AD.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a