Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the Shaolin Do detractors

"Dam. I though you just sort of walked the earth. You know like that guy in "Kung Fu."

Nope
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    "Dam. I though you just sort of walked the earth. You know like that guy in "Kung Fu."

Nope
    My bad then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

JP,
    Where is the Southern (Fukein) influence in SD? The footwork in those videos is (kinda) Northern.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

"My bad then."

It's cool
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    JP,
    Where is the Southern (Fukein) influence in SD? The footwork in those videos is (kinda) Northern.
    Which form(s) are you referring to?
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

The ones from here

Granted, these are just a few of the 900 forms, but I was curious to know where the Southern influence can most easily be seen in SD.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Master Mullins? I love that guy. I wish some of these detractors could see him in action.
    Actually, he used to have clips online and links were posted on here a couple times. I might still have some on my old computer, but I think I deleted them.

The ones from here

Granted, these are just a few of the 900 forms, but I was curious to know where the Southern influence can most easily be seen in SD.
    MK,

I'm not playing games with you here. I just meant which particular forms? Some are northern and some are southern. The tiger/crane is the most obvious southern. The Hua is northern but I don't know that form.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 09-03-2003 at 01:56 PM.

Originally posted by Brad

Actually, he used to have clips online and links were posted on here a couple times. I might still have some on my old computer, but I think I deleted them.
    If I recall you were not impressed with what you saw. Correct?

I'm not playing games with you here. I just meant which particular forms? Some are northern and some are southern. The tiger/crane is the most obvious southern (and its the worst performance on that site) The Hua is northern but I don't know that form so I really can't comment on whether its performed correctly or not.
    I'm not commenting on the performances. I'm just looking at the curriculum in general. There is a lot of Northen stuff, and stuff I don't recognize, so I was just asking you which forms represent the Southern influence.

If I recall you were not impressed with what you saw. Correct?
    Not particularly. But I will give him credit in that he does seem to be in excellent physical condition for a man his age... so whatever I might think of the forms, SD isn't the completely worthless undertaking that many make it out to be And I'll admit, I've seen much worse from many sources that have been more accepted as "legit" by comunity

How a person can figure that they can get quality knowledge from a field of lies is beyond me. I am not talking about lineage bullcrap or ego but just why would a person stay with a organization so bent over the barrel with its own deception?
    Regards

I'm not commenting on the performances. I'm just looking at the curriculum in general. There is a lot of Northen stuff, and stuff I don't recognize, so I was just asking you which forms represent the Southern influence.
    In looking at the forms posted, most of it is Northern. Tiger Crane and the Black Tigers are not. The "China Hand" is also southern. If I'm not mistaken, short Form is also southern. Most of our rank up to 1st black is southern and there is not much of that material represented on that site.

Which forms do you recognize being southern and which do you not recognize?

Originally posted by Brad

Not particularly. But I will give him credit in that he does seem to be in excellent physical condition for a man his age... so whatever I might think of the forms, SD isn't the completely worthless undertaking that many make it out to be And I'll admit, I've seen much worse from many sources that have been more accepted as "legit" by comunity
    That's close to a compliment!

Got anymore info on that Tenn. tournement? That's not too far away, and I don't think I've got anything going on in November