Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-Do Sparring Clips

Shaolin-Do Sparring Clips

http://www.shaolincenter.com/video/a...ha_noaudio.avi

http://www.shaolincenter.com/video/a...fi_noaudio.avi

So what do you think? I personally dont care about shaolin-do and if it is real or not but it seems like it is the hot topic at the moment.

"could not play the video stream. no suitable decompressor could be found."

Other than that, pretty good stuff.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

They work for me. Here is the homepage, just go to video clips then forms clips, then look at the bottom for sparring clips.

http://www.shaolincenter.com/video/clips.jsp

Personally, I'm tired of this dead horse. But these things come in cycles.

Anyway, the sparring clip of the two girls was infinatley better than "Ba Gua" fighter a couple of weeks ago. The brunette kept he hands up and covered very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I think it's just this stupid university computer doesn't have the latest software, and of course users aren't able to install anything.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

You need DIVX to watch them correctly. These are the same videos we discussed last week from www.shaolincenter.com
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Judge,
    I thought so as well. But, like alot of kung fu clips...i dont see much power in thier techniques. Am i the only one that thinks kung fu without power is like a ferrari without gas? Sure, you can sit in it and look cool, but you cant go anywhere or do anything with it.

And yes, dead smelly rotten horse this one is. I just thought the shaolin-do guys here were starting to feel bad and these clips are better than alot of neophyte "kung fu" sparring clips posted lately. Expecially those "wing chun" sparring clips. God, those are like martial arts cinematic vomit.
    Last edited by Shuul Vis; 06-23-2003 at 12:04 PM.

wow
    where's my beer?

there was a takedown in it .... it didnt look like a really good takedown or anything ... but there was a takedown in it.
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by Judge Pen
    Anyway, the sparring clip of the two girls was infinatley better than "Ba Gua" fighter a couple of weeks ago. The brunette kept he hands up and covered very well.
    It's easy to look good when you know you aren't going to get hit. Besides, the other girl drops her hands every time she kicks, which is an invitation for a nose job.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Well, I guess you can't really apply full force when sparring without gloves and other protection, unless you wanna hurt someone.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

good stuff but ...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

i love that.
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by MasterKiller

It's easy to look good when you know you aren't going to get hit. Besides, the other girl drops her hands every time she kicks, which is an invitation for a nose job.
    Yep. Goes back to her iron face training.

Is this dejavu?
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by Shuul Vis
    Judge,
    I thought so as well. But, like alot of kung fu clips...i dont see much power in thier techniques. Am i the only one that thinks kung fu without power is like a ferrari without gas? Sure, you can sit in it and look cool, but you cant go anywhere or do anything with it.

And yes, dead smelly rotten horse this one is. I just thought the shaolin-do guys here were starting to feel bad and these clips are better than alot of neophyte "kung fu" sparring clips posted lately. Expecially those "wing chun" sparring clips. God, those are like martial arts cinematic vomit.
    I thought that this thread started out as a troll. As for power you are right. It's the gas to a car. They weren't generating a lot of power there. They also were not trying to hit one seriouly another. It looked like an example of light sparring with one girl clearly showing solid foundations and another girl not.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 06-23-2003 at 12:42 PM.