Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin-Do Sparring Clips

I think this thread started out as a troll.
    i think you best watch yo mouf fo someone sides to watch it fo you.

*trys to wobble head back and forth like a black girl, but only succeeds in looking like a really dumb cracker*
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity

i think you best watch yo mouf fo someone sides to watch it fo you.

*trys to wobble head back and forth like a black girl, but only succeeds in looking like a really dumb cracker*
    HAHAHAHAHA...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

I just thought the shaolin-do guys here could use a little boost. The clips arent bad, and as GDA said, there was a TAKEDOWN in it! lol. Anyway, i challenge someone who thinks they are better to film themselves sparring and post it here. If it is good enough, i will personally masturbate to it.

Understand i think these clips are far from flawless. This wasnt really a troll, i just hate to see a bunch of guys who really believe in what they do (shaolin-do) get picked on. Even if i dont agree with them in any way.

Today is national pickle day! Ive got my pickle, how bout you?

Originally posted by Shuul Vis
    I just thought the shaolin-do guys here could use a little boost. The clips arent bad, and as GDA said, there was a TAKEDOWN in it! lol. Anyway, i challenge someone who thinks they are better to film themselves sparring and post it here. If it is good enough, i will personally masturbate to it.

Understand i think these clips are far from flawless. This wasnt really a troll, i just hate to see a bunch of guys who really believe in what they do (shaolin-do) get picked on. Even if i dont agree with them in any way.

Today is national pickle day! Ive got my pickle, how bout you?
    I apologize if I accussed you of trolling. I guess with all the SD action I'm a bit defensive on this site. My bad.

I discovered the clips far before they were posted here, but I'm not one to try to fan the fire a bit. You're right about the sparring clips. I bet every one of us could find something to point out if we all posted films of ourselves sparring or performing our forms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

The guy who always pull up his pijama is very funny because he always gets the other guy foot in his face...And he smiles a lot!...

The girls are making a lot of pretty but useless hand moves.

Hey!...That's Shaolin Do!...

"could not play the video stream. no suitable decompressor could be found."

Other than that, pretty good stuff.

That has to be the funniest thing I have read in a long time CSN!

someone likes the movie "Blade Runner".

Red5angel,

Philip k D ick wrote the story that movie is based on, have you ever read anything else by him? Its some crazy stuff. BTW, i have written music with some of those quotes sampled in it. lol

Shuul, are you insane!? Of course I have read some of PKD's stuff! The guy was a freakin genious. Blade runner, although not true to the book was still a brilliant piece of work in and of itself!

Horselover Fat does indeed rock.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Anyway, the sparring clip of the two girls was infinatley better than "Ba Gua" fighter a couple of weeks ago. The brunette kept he hands up and covered very well.
    I think this is like comparing apples and oranges. The "Bagua" fight was full contact with throws, sweeps, and striking to the head. This is obviously a very very light contact sparring "game" where the two understand they're not trying to cause any damage. It's a lot like some games I used to randomly play with my dad, though those used to get kind of rough eventualy

I'm not going to comment on their fighting technique until I'm healthy enough to start sparring again and can video tape it, lol. I think I'm going to do the same in regards to comenting(negatively) on anyone's forms too :P It's actually pretty good motivation to better myself

Originally posted by Brad

I think this is like comparing apples and oranges. The "Bagua" fight was full contact with throws, sweeps, and striking to the head. This is obviously a very very light contact sparring "game" where the two understand they're not trying to cause any damage. It's a lot like some games I used to randomly play with my dad, though those used to get kind of rough eventualy

I'm not going to comment on their fighting technique until I'm healthy enough to start sparring again and can video tape it, lol. I think I'm going to do the same in regards to comenting(negatively) on anyone's forms too :P It's actually pretty good motivation to better myself
    We are comparing apples to oranges. Though some of us may spar heavy to full contact much of sparring in classes are lighter and not unlike your "games" with your dad. I know that when I would slap box with my dad I would get popped if I got lazy and dropped my gurad. The same applies in light sparring such as the Sd video.

I may be wrong, but I though that the Bagua fight did not allow striking to the head, although it obviously allowed for throwing. My point was that, at least the bruneete, displayed sound fundamentals when sparring. You could see an application in her techniques even though the sparring was definitely in a controlled environment.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I may be wrong, but I though that the Bagua fight did not allow striking to the head, although it obviously allowed for throwing.
    You're right, it was a typo on my part

I may be wrong, but I though that the Bagua fight did not allow striking to the head, although it obviously allowed for throwing.
    They were still attacking the body pretty hard, even though they couldn't hit the head. If you don't have any fear of getting hit, you can display all the technique you want. Once someone smacks you pretty good, in the chest, ribs, or head, fighting starts to look more like fighting and less like tag.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller

They were still attacking the body pretty hard, even though they couldn't hit the head. If you don't have any fear of getting hit, you can display all the technique you want. Once someone smacks you pretty good, in the chest, ribs, or head, fighting starts to look more like fighting and less like tag.
    When you spar in your class how heavy do you go? Is it full on full time? Do you wear protective equipment? Does it differ depending on the level? We do both and I do prefer 3/4 to full contact but we wear pads and headgear even then. Still get popped though.

When you spar in your class how heavy do you go? Is it full on full time?
    Speaking for the senior students, when wearing pads, we go about 75%; without pads, we go about 60%.

Does it differ depending on the level?
    When two senior students spar, it is hard contact. These were 3rd degree black belts, not beginning students.

Still get popped though.
    These girls didn't get popped once. That's my point.

I'm not saying this type of exercise has no place, but claiming their play-fight is superior to a semi-full contact fight because their techniques looked cleaner is a load of bs.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.