Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Deviation from Chi Sau/Sparring thread

the "shocK"

but what i was saying in my previous post. in chi sau that initial shock is easy to get, hits are easy to get. being able to roll with it and take your opponent where you want them afterwards is the tricky part.

getting that first shock is a lot harder in a sparring type situation. people need to learn to bridge the gap too this is why i think sparring is of the utmost importance. once you have the chi sau down, and you can control your opponent once you get that shock, you still need to practice to actually get in there and get it off
    Travis

structure in motion

every thing works better when you have the luxuary of setting it up.
    it like saying o.k. you just hold that pose while i load up so i can drop you . any time you instill pain , break balance they guys mind is instantly more concerned with saving himself and not hitting you this is a good thing.
    but we don't always have that time to set something up next best thing is attack in a way that applies pressure and put's the guy in a defensive mood '' the stright blast ''
    but this is seldom the true termination tool it just buys you time to insert a bigger gun.
    a over commited chain punch will blind your ability to sense and it gets all emotional so it screwws with your own mind , like a one track mind , or tunnel vision perhaps that is way you feel the something better syndrome
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Re: the "shocK"

Originally posted by TjD
    people need to learn to bridge the gap too this is why i think sparring is of the utmost importance. once you have the chi sau down, and you can control your opponent once you get that shock, you still need to practice to actually get in there and get it off
    Wing Chun has drills/exercises that help you close the gap.

Sorry to be harping on your posts all the time but...

Originally posted by Ernie
    but we don't always have that time to set something up next best thing is attack in a way that applies pressure and put's the guy in a defensive mood '' the stright blast ''
    but this is seldom the true termination tool it just buys you time to insert a bigger gun.
    Buying time? Chi sau teaches how to control time and use it, not to buy it.

Re: Re: the "shocK"

Originally posted by EnterTheWhip
    Wing Chun has drills/exercises that help you close the gap.
    oh i know and they're **** good too, like all of wing chun
    Travis

structure in motion

etw
    Buying time? Chi sau teaches how to control time and use it, not to buy it.
    oh yeah i forgot in chi sau has all the answers in the real world plus the cure for cancer .
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

LOL!