Thread: Louhan List?

Question Louhan List?

Anybody have a list of all louhan forms?

would be much appreciated!!!
    Bless you

I know of Da Luohan, Xiao Luohan, and one called "Short Luohan". (Shaolin Temple lineage) I've seen these three, but I've heard rumors of a longer 108 version of Luohan. If anybody has any info on the short luohan or the 108 version, and would be willing to share, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
    Blah, blah, blah...

bodhitree,

Man, this is like asking to list all shaolin sets. Even then it will never be complete.

Let me start but I'm not going to include Mi Tsung Lo han.

1. Lo han 18 Hands: text Shaolin Si Quan Bang Chunzong by Tsai Lung Yun, 1982 (includes solo set and a two man sparring set)

2. Shaolin Lo Han Chuan by Chang, 1987, (Contains Small Lo Han Fist)

3. Shaolin Wu Shu, 1989, by Luen Hing Printing Factory, HK. (Contains various sets which one is a Lo Han Fist set.)

4. Shaolin Lo han 18 Palms as found in Cyberkwoon.com. There is a text but I do not have it.

5. Shaolin Lo Han 18 Hands Rows 1 thru 8. Written by a monk, 1998. Contains 8 sets plus set listed in #7 below plus set listed in #1 above.
    Also found in Cyberkwoon.com and in text. (Sets are very short)

6. Lo Han Enroll and Strike Fist. Found in Cyberkwoon.com (Sparring set)

7. Hushan Zimen Lo han Shiba Shou. (Lo Han 18 hands) by Tsung, printed in 1935.

8. Shaolin Lo Han 108 hand techniques. Various authors, 1990, ISBN7-5349-0816-7

9. Shaolin Lo Han Chuan, 1986. Contains Big Lo Han, Small Lo Han, and Enroll and Strike Fist (see #6 above).

Most of the above sets can be found in the larger 2 volume text: Zhongguo Shaolin Wu Shu Daquan, 1990, ISBN7-81003-401-4.

10. Shaolin Fist, by Shiu Hon Sang, 1985. Contains Shaolin Lo Han Nian Shou Fist (Sparring Set)

11. Shaolin Fist, 1984. Same set as in #10. Part English and part Chinese.

12. Shaolin Lo Han Chuan, Row One. Written by the 31st generation Monk, No Date listed, ISBN 962-7123-12-9 (Contains one set)

13. Shaolin Lo Han Kung Fu by D. Draeger, 1979, ISBN 0-8048-1698-0 (Contains one set-Southern) Only English Text.

With the exception of #11 and 13, all other documentations are in Chinese.

Undocument sets:

From Sun Yu Fung's Lineage: Lo Han Numbers 1 thru 108.
    Also 10 revisied Lo han sets (1940's) distilled from the 108 sets from same lineage:

1. Practice Hands
    2. Practice Steps
    3. Leopard Fist
    4. Elephant Fist
    5. 12 step fist
    6. Snake Fist
    7. Blocking Kick Fist
    8. Tiger Fist
    9. Rowing Continious Fist
    10. Ghost Fist
    Last edited by NorthernShaolin; 06-24-2003 at 10:14 PM.

SYF Lohan

Dear Northern Shaolin,
    You know I must be lurking on this thread :-)))) It wont take long for me to get on this bandwagon.

The list of SYF's Lohan Fist intrigues me.

Ghost Fist sounds very interesting. Do you know the Chinese character by any chance for (this word) Ghost ? Is it "Gwei" ? or "Mor" perhaps.

Cheers

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

Buddhapalm,

Sorry, but I do not remember the Chinese Character. Going to take me awhile to locate the original article.

Thumbs up

Northern Shaolin:
    thanks for the reply, Do you have the Chinese names for the 10 revised Louhan sets? Thanks
    Bless you

Sorry but I do not.

Exclamation

Don't know if it's possible to bring a 11 year old thread back to life, but I have no idea where else to put this.
    Found an 18 hands routine I've never seen before, so I'll just link it. Apparently from Shi Degen lineage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shE_...ZwKYZP5QxdWSeg
    Shàolín shì Chán, bùshì Quán 少林是禅不是拳 (Shaolin is Chan, not Quan) ~ Venerable Shi Su Xi

Quote Originally Posted by DAW View Post
    Don't know if it's possible to bring a 11 year old thread back to life, but I have no idea where else to put this.
    Found an 18 hands routine I've never seen before, so I'll just link it. Apparently from Shi Degen lineage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shE_...ZwKYZP5QxdWSeg
    I also just mentioned this one in particular in this thread: http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...uan-Quan/page2

Basically, the only thing "Luohan" about it are the last two postures tacked onto the end. The rest of it is apparently the Xiyuan version of a set called Xiaosihui in the Nanyuan Tongbeiquan system, Shi Zhenxu lineage, and called "Luohan Shiba Shou" because it has 18 postures, though not actually a Luohan style.