Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hulk movie review by...

Hulk movie review by...

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

ya know, after i saw the movie, i was pretty disappointed. but after a few days, thinking about it, it grew on me.
    i think the thing is, it's not a normal "superhero" type movie. if you go in there expecting "spider-man" or "xmen" or something, you WILL leave disappointed... Hulk isn't that type of character.
    he's disturbed, unpredictable, and holds some pretty deep and powerful emotions in that bottled up personality. so i think the movie was pretty true to the character overall. it wasn't pretty or approachable, or easy to watch at times, but then again like i said...neither is Hulk himself.
    there's some symbolism in the flick, and tons of repressed memories and father/son (and sometimes father/daughter) tension. i think the story revolves around Bruce/Father and Betty/Father more than anything... it's not just about the Big Green Guy.
    so if you go into it expecting a different story and just let Ang take you for a ride... you may be more apt to enjoying the flick than those who go in there expecting a rehash of other movies. you might also leave a bit disturbed and ambiguous-not really knowing WHAT you thought of the movie. i think , in a certain way, Ang was INTENDING that to happen, though.

I haven't read the review yet, but I think the movie kicked arse. They HAD to have as much background info and plot to the movie as they did, or non hulk fans woulda been lost. I don't think that the lack of action (compared to the likes of spiderman and x men) hurt the movie at all. And I was actually glad they did it the way they did... To much computer animation may have crapified it, but I think they did it just right. The fight with the dogs and the fight with his father were excellent.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Who cares about the good writing, the competent directing, or the above average CGI? Jennifer Connely was scrum-diddli-umptious.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

My roommate hated it, the critics didn't like it, but I have to say I enjoyed the hell out of it! And I have to second Masterkillers assessment of Jennifer Connelly!

the critics didn't like it

Yahoo Movie Reviews
    Seems most did, though it did catch some flak.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

I personally know one professional movie reviewer who was expecting to hate it, but thought it was pretty good. And another guy with the same assessment who isn't a pro but a d@mn smart movie buff and excellent writer.

I wasn't interested in seeing it until I heard Ang Lee breaks up the screen like a comics page. That I'll watch.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

CSN, that was one of the things I think was the coolest! It really didn't start to happen until a little into the movie but once Bruce makes his first change, then it stats to happen a lot more, especially during the hulk smash scenes.

Originally posted by red5angel

And I have to second Masterkillers assessment of Jennifer Connelly!
    I have to third his assessment. In fact, I was the first to give such assessment (see here).
    And her picture adorns my desktop even as we speak .

So, I think it's fair to say I'm the biggest JC fan on KFO. Or the biggest loser.
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

I didnt like the fight with his father because it was too dark to understand wtf was going on.
    I have a signature.

i will wait and get my hands on an illegal copy before wasting money seeing it on the big screen.

my main problem with it from the previews isn't just the crappy cgi, but the fact that the hulk was no where near as big as they made him in the movie. i mean christ he's huge. im not a huge comic buff or anything, so i did have to double check this after i got into an argument with a buddy at work, but turns out im right. felonious monk ... if anyone remembers him ... has a copy of the marvel encyclopedia and his stats have him at 7 foot tall as the hulk. he looks like 20 from the previews. this just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.
    where's my beer?

So what exactly does the Hulk do in the comics? OK, he gets mad and smashes stuff...but that would get pretty old after about 3 issues. Why does he fight bad guys? Or does he?

I bet this thred will eventually make it to the Martial media section.
    In the Hulk thred there I sort of outlined a brief history of the Hulk.

He changes size & shape fairly frequently and Has been as large as 20 feet in size.

he does Fight super villians, as well as super heroes for that matter. He's often on the run or rampaging. He is also a MAJOR sourse of "power" and has thus attracted the attention of a variety of power hungry types.

I will have the hulk pirated within 5 hours.

I like how he's portrayed in The Ultimate marvel line of comic books... Going on a jealous rampage killing innocents in the streets, eating nurses... he's great

In the movie I was hoping for more HULK SMASH!!! type action. I really coudn't stand the non Hulk scenes. The dialouge was sooooo bad, and so was the acting(Nick Nolte was kind of cool though.) The audience spent most of the movie laughing, lol.